Varicose Veins of the Abdominal Wall in a Child. A Case Report
- Absence of infra-renal segment of inferior vena cava with anomalous right renal vein. Ajay-Chandrasekar, VS; Kaliyaperumal, V; Alfred, D // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Jul2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 7, p14
Various anomalies of the inferior venacava (IVC) have been reported in the past. Amongst, the absence of IVC is one of the less frequently reported anomalies. The absence can be complete or partial, confined to the hepatic, supra-renal or infra-renal segment of IVC. It is still a controversy,...
- Varicose veins. J M, Nick; Nash, Roddy // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/20/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7246, p1391
Offers a clinical review on the arterial and venous disease of varicose veins. Incidence and prevalence of varicose veins; Pathophysiology and risk factors; Clinical management of varicose veins.
- If your mama or daddy had varicose veins, then watch it. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/09/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p36
Discusses varicose veins in the United States. Definition; Symptoms and manifestations; Preventive measures; Treatment; Distinction from spier veins; Degrees of severity; Need to include varicose veins in health insurance policies.
- Varicose veins: Not just a cosmetic problem. Olivencia, J.A.; Bell, Russell Terry // Patient Care;7/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p140
Opinion. Presents conservative approaches to treating varicose veins before considering sclerotherapy or surgery. Description of symptoms; Causes of varicose veins; Exacerbating factors; Distinguishing between a vein that is dilated and one that is varicose; Use of compression stockings;...
- Caring for your varicose veins. // Patient Care;7/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p157
Presents tips on caring for varicose veins in order to avoid surgery. Use of compression stockings; Elevation of legs; Importance of weight control and exercise; Avoidance of high heels; Damage to veins' elastic layer by the sun. INSET: Warning signs..
- Varicose veins. Campbell, W. Bruce // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/24/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6727, p763
Investigates the causes and treatment of varicose veins. Signs and symptoms of varicosities; Assessment of incompetent valves; Examination of the advantages and disadvantages treatment approach.
- Lights out for varicose veins. Long, Patricia; Mason, Michael // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the technological development in varicose veins treatment. Use of photoderm; Difference with sclerotherapy treatment; Advantages of the photoderm procedure.
- New diagnostic, treatment modalities help varicose veins. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Sep95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p18
Reports on advances in the treatment of varicose veins. Photoplethysmography; Duplex ultrasonography; Advantages; Risks.
- phlebectasia, phlebectasis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1773
A definition of the term "phlebectasia" or "phlebectasis," which pertains to varicosity, is presented.