Whole Blood and Red Cell ATP Content in Patients With Peripheral Vascular Disease: The Effect of Cigarette Smoking and Oxpentifylline
- Peripheral Vascular Care: Should You Have a "Vascular Center"? Sallo, Barbara // Journal of Cardiovascular Management;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
Cardiovascular care is big business for hospitals. Although a lot of attention and resources are directed to care and treatment of the coronary arteries, peripheral vascular disease (PVD) care has gained momentum. Even though the dollars spent on PVD care are significantly less than for cardiac,...
- FYi. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2002, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
Presents information on health-related subjects. Indications that calf pain while walking is a sign of peripheral vascular disease; Web site suggested to settle disputes with health plan providers.
- MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE. Iglaurer, Arnold // Angiology;Feb1958, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p11
Discusses various medical management of peripheral vascular diseases. Effect of diet on atherosclerosis; Contraindication of the use of tobacco in thromboangiitis obliterans; Identification of drugs that can be taken to relieve night pain and cramps.
- Percutaneous Interventions for Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Disease. De Sanctis, Julia Tucker // American Family Physician;12/15/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1965
Peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities is an important cause of morbidity that affects up to 10 million people in the United States. The primary care physician can easily identify patients who are at risk for the disease with a questionnaire and a relatively simple test--the ankle...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: vascular disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p36
Presents several abstracts on vascular disease. `Vessel Size and Long-Term Outcome after Coronary Stent Placement,' by S. Elezi, A. Kastrati, F-J Neumann et al.; `Treating to Meet NCEP-Recommended LDL Cholesterol Concentrations with Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastati, or Simvastatin in...
- Don't take leg pain lying down. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p230
Provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment for peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Blocking of leg arteries by cholesterol or calcium; Doctors' recommendation for patients to stop smoking and watch their diets; Lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure; Test to diagnose PVD.
- peripheral arterial disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral arterial disease," is presented.
- peripheral vascular disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral vascular disease," is presented.
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Selected South Indian Population. Premalatha, Gopal; Shanthirani, Subramaniam; Deepa, Raj; Markovitz, Jerome; Moran, Viswanathan // Diabetes Care;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1295
Presents information on a study which determined the prevalence and risk factors of peripheral vascular disease among South Indians. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.