Pseudoaneurysm of the Left Ventricle: Diagnosis by Gated Radioisotope Imaging
- mural aneurysm. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p521
A definition of the term "mural aneurysm" is presented. It refers to a dilated, weakened area in the wall of the heart's left ventricle.
- Left Ventricular Pseudoaneurysm. Chiung-Lun Kao; Jen-Ping Chang // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p162
Presents the case of a 79-year-old man admitted for surgical repair of a left ventricular pseudoaneurysm. Previous medical management received by the patient; Description of the patient's postoperative course; Details on the reoperation performed on the patient.
- Impending Rupture of a Blunt Trauma-Induced Left Ventricular Aneurysm: Report of a Case. Yasufumi Asai; Yoshihiko Kurimoto // Surgery Today;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p971
AbstractÂ Â Most left ventricular true aneurysms that occur secondary to blunt trauma gradually become symptomatic as they enlarge, which validates conservative management as a reasonable initial course of action. We report a case of impending rupture of a left ventricular true aneurysm that...
- Percutaneous closure of a large periprosthetic left ventricular pseudoaneurysm in a high-risk surgical candidate. Dundon, B. K.; Veend, R. A. S.; Worthley, S. G. // Heart;Aug2008, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p1043
The article offers information on a case of a high-risk surgical patient who had a successful percutaneous closure of a large periprosthetic left ventricular pseudoaneurysm (LVPA). The patient, a 71-year-old woman, was presented to the hospital with increasingly severe congestive cardiac failure...
- Formation of Ventricular Aneurysm After Endocarditis in a Child With Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Bacteremia. Gaur, Lasya; Madan, Shobhit; Morell, Victor; Arora, Gaurav // Pediatric Cardiology;Oct2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p1062
The article focuses on the case of a 3-year-old girl, who was admitted with fever, leg pain, and ambulation failure due to minor leg trauma and was found to have methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in blood culture. It says that posterior septal pseudoaneurysm in communication...
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm Repair with Use of a Bovine Pericardial Patch. Henry, Matthew J.; Preventza, Ourania; Cooley, Denton A.; de la Cruz, Kim I.; Coselli, Joseph S. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2014, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p407
Left ventricular aneurysm, which can impair systolic function, has a reported incidence of 10% to 35% in patients after myocardial infarction. In a 58-year-old woman who had a history of myocardial infarction, we excised a large left ventricular aneurysm and restored left ventricular geometry...
- Large, Isolated Aortic Valve Aneurysm. Jiancheng Han; Zhian Li; Yihua He; Tianying Feng; Linlin Wang; Xiaoyan Gu // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p150
The article discusses the clinical case of a 36-year-old man who was diagnosed with large isolated aortic valve aneurysm. The patient presented with a three-month history of palpitations, dizziness and intermittent fever. Two-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) on the patient...
- Spontaneous closure of a left ventricle pseudoaneurysm following apical venting. Lopes, Ricardo; Almeida, Jorge; Silva, João Carlos; Almeida, Pedro Bernardo; Madureira, António J.; Ramos, Isabel; Pinho, Paulo; Maciel, Maria Júlia // European Journal of Echocardiography;Feb2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, pE6
Cardiac surgery is the second most frequent aetiology of left ventricular pseudoaneurysm (LVP). Left ventricular apical venting is a recognized cause of LVP. Prompt surgical treatment is usually needed since there is a high risk of rupture and spontaneous closure is very rare. We describe a case...
- A Reliable Test to Detect Impending Pump Failure. Dohmen, P. M.; Laube, H.; de Jonge, K.; Konertz, W. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p139
Describes the course of a patient, in whom impending failure of the N100 Left Ventricular Assist System was detected through application of the Durastudy protocol. Information on the Durastudy protocol; Results from sequential Durastudy measurements.