- Reliability of on-call radiology residentsâ€™ interpretation of 64-slice CT pulmonary angiography for the detection of pulmonary embolism. Joshi, Rohit; Wu, Ke; Kaicker, Jatin; Choudur, Hema // Acta Radiologica;Jul2014, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p682
The article presents information on the reliability of on-call radiology residents' interpretation of 64-slice computed tomography (CT) pulmonary angiography for the detection of pulmonary embolism (PE). Topics discussed include evaluation of PE using a combination of ventilation-perfusion (V/Q)...
- The significance and the role of computed tomography (CT) in pulmonary embolism. Kudumovic, Azra; Beslic, Serif; Mehic, Bakir // Folia Medica Facultatis Medicinae Universitatis Saraeviensis;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p63
Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blockage of the pulmonary artery or one of its branches, usually occurring when a venous thrombus (blood clot from a vein) becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism is...
- Pulmonary nodule follow-up not cost effective in US. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Sep2014, Vol. 711 Issue 1, p27
The article reports on the study which shows that routine follow-up of incidentally-detected pulmonary nodules is not cost effective during coronary computed tomographic (CT) angiography in the U.S.
- Pulmonary puzzles. Fitzgerald, Mark; Wedzicha, Wisia // Thorax;May2007, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p380
The article introduces the "Pulmonary puzzles" section of the "Thorax" journal, which will feature brief clinical summaries and images of pulmonary diseases from which the reader will be asked to provide a possible diagnosis.
- Bir GÃ¶ÄŸÃ¼s Cerrahisi AmeliyatÄ±: Mediastinoskopi. Alar, Timuçin // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p109
Objective: Mediastinoscopy is a surgical procedure, developed and implemented today only by thoracic surgeon, which can be easily applied, with low morbidity and mortality, for diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases. Material and Method: In this study, 21 patients who underwent diagnostic...
- Drug-eluting stent. // Reactions Weekly;8/4/2007, Issue 1163, p11
The article describes the case of 43-year-old man who had type 2 diabetes mellitus and a drug-eluting stent, presented for a cervical mediastinoscopy for investigation of lymphadenopathy. Before the operation, he received SC calcium heparin, aspirin and clopidogrel. An acute left anterior...
- Pulmonary Sequestration: A 29 Patient Case Series and Review. TASHTOUSH, BASHEER; MEMARPOUR, ROYA; GONZALEZ, JOSE; GLEASON, JAMES BENJAMIN; HADEH, ANAS // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2015, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p5
Introduction: Pulmonary sequestration also known as bronchopulmonary sequestration is a rare disease, with very few case series reviewed in literature. In this study, we review the demographics, presentation, imaging and treatment of pulmonary sequestration in 29 patients from our institution,...
- Occupational Lung Diseases: Research Approaches and Methods. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct82, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p642
Presents an overview of the book 'Occupational Lung Diseases: Research Approaches and Methods,' edited by Hans Weill and Margaret Turner-Warwick.
- Pulmonary Diseases: An Annotated Bibliography of Recent Literature. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun83, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p1033
Presents an annotated bibliography of literature on pulmonary disease as of June 1983. Clinical evaluation of pulmonary function; Diagnostic procedures; Immunology of the lung.