DYNAMIC PHLEBOGRAPHY OF THE LOWER EXTREMITIES WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO OUR NEW APPROACH TO THE CLASSIFICATION OF FINDINGS
- The Value of D-Dimer Testing in Diagnostic Strategies for Symptomatic Patients with Suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis. Labs, Karl-Heinz; Jaeger, Kurt A. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p101
Deals with the diagnostic strategies for symptomatic patients with suspected deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Failure rate of DVT; Reasons why venography is replaced by noninvasive techniques in many centers; Kinds of noninvasive techniques.
- Noninvasive Diagnosis of Deep Venous Thrombosis by Phleborheography. Bynum, Lincoln J.; Wilson III, James E.; Crotty, Colleen M.; Curry III, Thomas S.; Smitson, Harold L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug78, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p162
Presents a study which described a non-invasive test for deep venous thrombosis. Accuracy of phleborheography in the diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis; Performance and interpretation of phleborheography; Correlations of phleborheographic and venography.
- Reliability of noninvasive DVT tests. DiLoreto, Stacy // Patient Care;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p76
Discusses the reliability of noninvasive deep venous thrombosis (DVT) tests. Shortcomings of ultrasonography, the diagnostic test of choice for DVT; Results of the test within 48 hours of venography in several patients with suspected DVT; Recommendation on the diagnosis of acute symptomatic DVT.
- OPERATIVE VENOGRAPHY. Girdwood, William // Vascular Surgery;Sep1969, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p161
Operative venography in 164 cases has been of use in providing information and knowledge about the cases under treatment justifying its use and providing information of value in the comprehension of the problems involved. The advantages of operative venography are the selective precise studies...
- THROMBOSIS AND RECANALIZATION OF VEINS USED AS VENOUS GRAFTS. Dale, W. Andrew // Angiology;Dec1961, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p603
Focuses on the high incidence of recanalization of veins which thrombosed early in the postoperative where delayed phlebography or casual examination of autopsy material would fail to indicate the earlier thrombosis which later resulted in a lumen by the process of recanalization. Incidence of...
- DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS TREATED WITH STREPTOKINASE OR HEPARIN. Common, Herbert H.; Seaman, Arthur J.; R�sch, Josef; Porter, John M.; Dotter, Charles T. // Angiology;Nov1976, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p645
Twenty-seven patients with deep vein thrombosis whose primary therapy was randomized between streptokinase and heparin were reevaluated clinically and by ascending venography after a mean period of 7 months. Normal venograms were found in 6 (40%) of the streptokinase-treated patients and in I...
- Assessment of Total Thrombus Load in Symptomatic Patients With Venous Thromboembolism. Parakh, R.; Kapadia, S.; Agarwal, S.; Grover, T.; Bukhari, S.; Yadav, A.; Sen, I.; Pankaj, P. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jul2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p369
Pulmonary embolism (PE) and Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) are separate but related aspects of the same dynamic process termed as venous thrombembolism (VTE). The existing Asian literature has shown a wide variation in the prevalence of VTE, with very limited data from the Indian subcontinent....
- The Age of a Venous Thrombosis: Experimental and Clinical Experience with Duplex Color-Coded Ultrasound. Eisele, Ralf; Orend, Karl-Heinz; Mohr, Michael; Schulte, Michael // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p301
The crucial point for all therapeutic considerations is the exact estimation of the age of the thrombus. Until the present, phlebography, an invasive technique, has been the gold standard in venous diagnostics. The intention of this study was to investigate the efficiency of duplex color-coded...
- Deep vein thrombosis of the upper extremity: intra- and interobserver study of digital subtraction venography. Baarslag, Henk J.; van Beek, Edwin J.; Tijssen, Jan G.; van Delden, Otto M.; Bakker, Ad J.; Reekers, Jim A. // European Radiology;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p251
Our objective was to assess the inter-observer and intra-observer agreement in the interpretation of digital subtraction venography (DSV) in patients with suspected deep vein thrombosis of the upper extremity (DVTUE). Prospectively, 62 consecutive DSV studies in 54 patients with clinically...