THE SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS
- Optimizing PCI Outcomes: A Vision for 2012. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that a symposium titled "Optimizing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Outcomes: A Vision for 2012" to be held on March 23, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois, will feature the scientific advancement in the percutaneous treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Love your heartâ€¦with a little Help from St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
A calendar of free programs to be offered by Saint Luke's Cornwall Hospital physicians and other clinicians in February 2009 in recognition of Heart Month is presented, including the programs "Love Your Heart: Heart Disease Prevention and Treatment," "Heart Disease: Know the Risk Factors" and...
- Cardiology update for pharmacists: Highlights of the 2007 American College of Cardiology Annual Conference. Tanzi, Maria G. // Pharmacy Today;May2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p43
Information about the 2007 American College of Cardiology Annual Conference held in New Orleans, Louisiana on March 24 to 27, 2007 is presented. Several drug therapy-related issues were presented at the conference, including novel therapeutic regimens related to the treatment of atherosclerosis,...
- GP gets ready to reform CHD care. // Pulse;4/15/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the appointment of Doctor Start Liddiard as clinical leader at the Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) Collaborative National Forum in Brighton, England. Services under the CHD Collaborative; Details of the medical practice undertaken by a team which is headed by Liddiard.
- Facts and principles learned at the 39th Annual Williamsburg Conference on Heart Disease. Benjamin, Mina M.; Roberts, William C. // Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p124
The December 2012 Williamsburg Conference on Heart Disease in Williamsburg, Virginia, was the 39th such annual conference to be held in that city. The conference has been directed by one of the authors (WCR) since 1972. The conference provides 16.5 hours of continuing medical education category...
- ADVANCE: Perindopril plus indapamide reduces vascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes. // Formulary;Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p613
The article focuses on the Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease study delivered at the 2007 congress of the European Society of Cardiology in Vienna, Austria. Results of the study showed that treatment with perindopril/indapamide was associated with an 18% relative risk reduction for...
- SERUM URIC ACID AND CAD: A CONNECTION? // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p84
Focuses on the benefits of losartan against coronary artery disease. Uric acid in patients with insulin resistance.
- Early Invasive Treatment in Patients with Unstable CAD. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;2/1/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p797
Discusses research on early invasive treatment in patients with unstable coronary artery disease. Reference to a study from the August 28, 1999 issue of the `Lancet'; Incidence of Myocardial ischemia; Studies conducted on patients with coronary ischemia; Application of invasive treatment to the...
- Save your life. // Body Bulletin;Jan1993, p2
Discusses why responding quickly to a heart attack is more important than ever now. The new class of clot-busting drugs; How they can actually stop many heart attacks in their tracks and prevent virtually any damage to the heart muscle; Quick delivery; Take an aspirin before you go to the...