TRAUMATIC ARTERIOVENOUS FISTULAS
- Dural arteriovenous fistulas presenting with haemorrhagic and ischaemic stroke. Collice, M. // Neurological Sciences;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article describes two cases of intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVFs) presenting with haemorrhagic and ischaemic stroke respectively. Both types of presentations are well known, but some features in the clinical course of the patients presented here are noteworthy. The first...
- Posteolectomy Arteriovenous Fistula. Currin, John F.; Metcalf, Boyd H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1966, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p352
Reports the case of a Caucasian male with postcolectomy arteriovenous fistula. Explanation on arteriovenous fistulas; Medical examinations conducted on the patient; Information on cardiac decompensation.
- Spontaneous Major Intra-Abdominal Arteriovenous Fistulas: A Report of Several Cases. Astarita, Denis; Filippone, Dennis R.; Cohn, Joseph D. // Angiology;Sep1985, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p656
Most major intra-abdominal fistulas result from trauma or surgery. Spontaneous fistulas are rare with less than 100 reported cases since 1831. From a review of hospital records, five such spontaneous fistulas were identified among 215 cases of abdominal aortic aneurysm between 1975 and 1983....
- SPLENIC ARTERIOVENOUS FISTULA. Shah, Vallabhdas V.; Mehtalia, Suresh D.; Shah, Kishor D.; Krishnamurti P. S.; Hansoti, Ramesh C. // Angiology;Jan1967, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p23
A case of splenic arteriovenous fistula with aneurysmal dilation diagnosed clinically and proved by aortography is presented. Dyspepsia, diarrhea, and hyperdynamic circulation with a continuous murmur in the left 9th, 10th, and 11th intercostal spaces were the conspicuous features. Pertinent...
- Dural arteriovenous fistulas with aggressive course: clinical and angiographic correlations in two patients. Tomelleri, G.; Tinazzi, M.; Pasqualin, A.; Bovi, P.; Zanette, G.; Moretto, G. // Neurological Sciences;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p50
Cranial dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVFs) usually present with non-aggressive symptoms. We here report two patients who presented a peculiar clinical picture related to DAVFs, with focal neurological signs and haemorrhagic (case 1) or ischaemic lesions (case 2) respectively. The clinical and...
- An arteriovenous fistula following chalazion excision. Dias-Amborcar, Yuri A. R.; Mokal, Nitin J.; Abhyankar, Suhas V.; Bhat, Uday B. // Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery;Jan-Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p54
An arteriovenous fistula secondary to a chalazion is a rare occurrence. It may follow spontaneous necrosis or surgical trauma. Digital subtraction angiography and identification of the arterial feeders combined with direct puncture of the nidus and embolization is recommended, as surgical...
- Endovascular Management of an Arteriovenous Fistula and Concomitant Pseudoaneurysm in an Intravenous Drug Abuser. Sadat, Umar; Noor, Nadim; See, Teikchoon C.; Hayes, Paul D. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p293
An interesting case of an intravenous drug abuser who had endovascular management of an arteriovenous fistula and concomitant pseudoaneurysm, resulting from recurrent puncture of the femoral artery is reported in this study.
- Diffuse dural enhancement in cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula. Rucker, J. C.; Newman, N. J. // Neuroradiology;Feb2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p88
We decribe unusually extensive contrast enhancement of the dura mater on MRI in a case of dural arteriovenous fistula of the cavernous sinus.
- Arteriovenous Malformations of the Body and Extremities: Analysis of Therapeutic Outcomes and Approaches According to a Modified Angiographic Classification. Sung Ki Cho; Young Soo Do; Sung Wook Shin; Dong-Ik Kim; Young Wook Kim; Kwang Bo Park; Eun Jin Kim; Hyun Joo Ahn; Sung Wook Choo; In-Wook Choo // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Allen Press Publishing Services;Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p527
Purpose: To propose a modified angiographic classification for peripheral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and to determine its value for assessing therapeutic outcomes and approaches to ethanol embolization of AVMs in the body and extremities. Methods: AVMs of the trunk and extremities were...