Intracavernous Injection of Papaverine as a Diagnostic and Therapeutic Method in Erectile Failure
- Sexual dysfunction in men after open or endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Jimenez, Juan Carlos; Smith, Melissa M.; Wilson, Samuel Eric // Vascular;May/Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p186
Few studies have thoroughly investigated the incidence and detailed the degree of sexual disability after aortic aneurysm surgery. Reports prior to 1990 vary greatly in the incidence of postoperative dysfunction mostly because of nonstandardized methods of assessment. In this article, we compare...
- Can self-administered questionnaires supplant objective testing of erectile function? A comparison between the international index of erectile function and objective studies. Melman, A.; Fogarty, J.; Hafron, J. // International Journal of Impotence Research;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p126
To determine whether the results of the self-reported International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) to assess erectile function can overestimate the degree of erectile impairment. A total of 32 consecutive patients seeking treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED) at a urologist's office were...
- Candesartan cilexetil protects cavernous tissue in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Toblli, J. E.; Stella, I.; Mazza, O. N.; Ferder, L.; Inserra, F. // International Journal of Impotence Research;Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p305
In previous experiments, our group demonstrated morphological changes in erectile tissue from male spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). The present study was performed to determine whether an angiotensin II receptor blocker could protect cavernous tissue (CT) from these structural alterations...
- Approach to post-RP PDE-5 inhibitors inconsequential. Petrou, Ilya // Urology Times;5/15/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p42
The article presents the results of a study conducted by Italian researchers on sexual dysfunction in men. According to the study, when administering phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor therapy in men who have undergone radical prostatectomy, rehabilitative therapy is equally effective. Urologist...
- Opilon. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p409
The article presents information on Opilon which is a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the alpha-adrenoceptor blocker moxisylyte (thymoxamine; as hydrochloride), which has vasodilator properties. It can be used to treat peripheral vascular disease (primary Raynaud's phenomenon),...
- Impotence strikes two in three over 45. // New Zealand Doctor;8/14/2013, p38
The article offers information on a study which reveals a high incidents of impotence to men aged 45 years old and above.
- Sexual Chemistry. Mestel, Rosie // Discover;Jan1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the testing of the anti-impotence drug Viagra in 1998. Results of experiments on impotent men who took the drug; Government approvals of the drug; Mechanism of action; Success rate of the drug.
- Twenty years of IJIR. Seftel, A D // International Journal of Impotence Research;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p429
The article introduces the special commemorative 20th anniversary issue of "International Journal of Impotence Research."
- Erectile/sexual dysfunction news in brief. // Urology Times;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p28
Presents news on erectile and sexual dysfunction and treatment recent as of November 2003. Improvement in erectile function following administration of vardenafil; Physiological effectiveness of sildenafil citrate; Drug preparation for using low-doses of antibodies to endothelial nitric oxide...