Indirect Blood Pressure Measurement at the Common Femoral Artery
- Accurate blood pressure readings in the obese. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;08/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p106
Offers suggestions for blood pressure measurements in obese individuals. Need for a blood pressure cuff of sufficient size; Possible overestimation with inappropriate blood pressure cuff.
- Larger cuff, different BP reading? R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p77
Presets information on the correlation of forearm blood pressure measured with a regular-sized cuff with blood pressure measured with a large cuff in an obese patient.
- Blood pressure measurement. Ward, Matthew; Langton, Jeremy A. // Continuing Education in Anaesthesia, Critical Care & Pain;Jul2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p122
The article focuses on blood pressure measurement. It was originally conducted in 1733 by directly inserting tubes into animals' arteries. Intermittent, non-invasive blood pressure measurement requires various components, including an inflatable cuff, a method for determining the systolic and...
- Changes in Femoral Artery Blood Flow and Supersensitivity of Arteries to Norepinephrine After Lumbar Sympathectomy in Dogs. Iwahashi, Kanji; Hiratani, Katsuhiko; Tsunekawa, Kengo // Vascular Surgery;Apr1991, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p177
Blood flow of the femoral arteries of both sides was measured, and changes in sensitivity of the arteries to norepinephrine were studied in unilateral sympathectomized canine hindlimbs, in order to demonstrate the presence of supersensitivity of arteries to norepinephrine after sympathectomy....
- Angiographic Anatomy of the Lateral Femoral Circumflex Artery and Preliminary Experience With its Reconstruction During Profundoplasty. Adar, Raphael; Bass, Aryeh; Nussinovitz, Moshe; Papa, Moshe Z.; Schneiderman, Jacob // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1984, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p157
The lateral femoral circumflex artery (LFCA) and its descending branch (DB) are important collaterals of the profunda femoris artery. The success of a profundoplasty may be enhanced by improving LFCA flow, while inadvertant compromise of the LFCA lumen may adversely affect the results of a...
- Doppler echocardiography. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p682
A definition of the term "Doppler echocardiography" which refers to the measurement of the speed of blood flow in the heart using ultrasound is presented.
- Automated cardiac flow measurement by digital colour Doppler echocardiography. Shiota, T. // Heart;Sep2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p211
Editorial. Discusses automated cardiac flow measurement by digital color Doppler echocardiography. Background of the development of a digitally automated cardiac flow measurement method; Principle of automated cardiac flow measurement; Technical problems and solutions; Clinical applications.
- 406 Volumetric Blood Flow Measurement by three-dimensional transoesophageal Doppler-echocardiography Largiader, T.; Rhomberg, P.; Kaufmann, P.A.; Schmid, E.R.; Jenni, R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS55
An abstract of the article "Volumetric Blood Flow Measurement by three-dimensional transoesophageal Doppler-echocardiography," by T. Largiader and colleagues is presented.
- Comparison of Oscillometric and Intraarterial Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressures in Lean, Overweight, and Obese Patients. Umana, Ernesto; Ahmed, Waqas; Fraley, Matthew A.; Alpert, Martin A. // Angiology;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p41
To assess the effect of obesity on blood pressure measurement the authors obtained simultaneous oscillometric and intraarterial systolic and diastolic blood pressures on 188 lean, overweight, class I/II obese, and class III obese subjects. Oscillometric arm cuff/bladder size was selected in...