A Histochemical Study of the Metabolism of Rat Renal Arteries and Arterioles
- Analysis of Relaxation and Relaxation Training on Sprint Performance Impact. Pin Wang // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 937, p691
The sprint is an extreme speedy sport of high strength lack of oxygen metabolism. While athletes are improving sprint speed, they often ignore the importance of relaxing, which is one of the factors to enhance their performance. This article, from the perspective of exercise physiology, the...
- For Winter Track, Know Your Energy Sources. // Running & FitNews;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p13
No abstract available.
- Fermentation of xylose to succinate by enhancement of ATP supply in metabolically engineered Escherichia coli. Liu, Rongming; Liang, Liya; Chen, Kequan; Ma, Jiangfeng; Jiang, Min; Wei, Ping; Ouyang, Pingkai // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;May2012, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p959
In Escherichia coli K12, succinate was not the dominant fermentation product from xylose. To reduce by-product formation and increase succinate accumulation, pyruvate formate lyase and lactate dehydrogenase, encoded by pflB and ldhA genes, were inactivated. However, these mutations eliminated...
- Physiological tests for yeast brewery cells immobilized on modified chamotte carrier. Berlowska, Joanna; Kregiel, Dorota; Ambroziak, Wojciech // Antonie van Leeuwenhoek;Nov2013, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p703
In this study yeast cell physiological activity was assessed on the basis of the in situ activity of two important enzymes, succinate dehydrogenase and pyruvate decarboxylase. FUN1 dye bioconversion and cellular ATP content were also taken as important indicators of yeast cell activity. The...
- Revealing Differences in Metabolic Flux Distributions between a Mutant Strain and Its Parent Strain Gluconacetobacter xylinus CGMCC 2955. Zhong, Cheng; Li, Fei; Liu, Miao; Yang, Xiao-Ning; Zhu, Hui-Xia; Jia, Yuan-Yuan; Jia, Shi-Ru; Piergiovanni, Luciano // PLoS ONE;Jun2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p1
A better understanding of metabolic fluxes is important for manipulating microbial metabolism toward desired end products, or away from undesirable by-products. A mutant strain, Gluconacetobacter xylinus AX2-16, was obtained by combined chemical mutation of the parent strain (G. xylinus CGMCC...
- Adaptations in the Muscle Cell to Training: Tole of the Na[sup+]-K[sup+]-Atpase. Green, Howard J. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p204
Examines the role of exercise on the muscle contractility and cellular adaptation. Activation of the adenosine triphosphate; Regulation of disturbances on the internal milieu; Adjustment of the organs, tissues and cells.
- On the properties of calcium-induced permeability transition in neonatal heart mitochondria. Pavón, Natalia; Gallardo, Juan; Hernández-Esquivel, Luz; El-Hafidi, Mohammed; Buelna-Chontal, Mabel; Zazueta, Cecilia; Rodríguez-Enríquez, Sara; Chávez, Edmundo // Journal of Bioenergetics & Biomembranes;Dec2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p757
Permeability transition was examined in heart mitochondria isolated from neonate rats. We found that these mitochondria were more susceptible to Ca-induced membrane leakiness than mitochondria from adult rats. In K containing medium, at 25 Â°C, mitochondria were unable to accumulate Ca....
- Mechanisms of sensing and adaptive responses to low oxygen conditions in mammals and yeasts. Trendeleva, T.; Aliverdieva, D.; Zvyagilskaya, R. // Biochemistry (00062979);Aug2014, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p750
Oxygen is required for effective production of ATP and plays a key role in the maintenance of life for all organisms, excepting strict anaerobes. The ability of aerobic organisms to sense and respond to changes in oxygen level is a basic requirement for their survival. Eukaryotes have developed...
- ARTERIAL, CAPILLARY, AND VENOUS PHASE ARTERIOGRAPHY IN THE EVALUATION OF RENAL ISCHEMIA. Derrick, John R.; Cooley, Robert N.; Spencer, Don C.; Brown, R. W. // Angiology;Feb1963, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p84
Studies the arterial, capillary, and venous phases of renal vascular flow in dogs. Occurrence of changes in the vasculature after three to four weeks after surgery; Constriction of the main renal artery in three animals with silk ligature; Angiographical images of the kidneys after surgery.