Mitral Valve Prolapse
- RISKING LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE. // Cortlandt Forum;7/25/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p76
Offers advice about treating a woman with palpitations. Development of chest pain; Utilization of low-dose beta blockers; Importance of conducting a stress test.
- Mitral Valve Prolapse and Spasm of Normal Coronary Arteries: Report of Four Cases and Review of the Literature. Rippe, James M.; Singh, Jang B.; Jarvais, Nancy; Adams, Eileen; Erkkila, Kevin // Angiology;May1984, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p300
The association between mitral valve prolapse (MVP) and atypical chest pain has been well-described. Numerous theories have been proposed to explain this association. A number of lines of evidence suggest that underlying ischemia may cause chest pain in some patients with MVP. We have recently...
- KORONER ARTER Ã‡IKIÅž ANOMALÄ°SÄ° VE MÄ°TRAL KAPAK PROLAPSUSU. Demir, Mehmet // Nobel Medicus Journal;Sep-Dec2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p99
Mitral Value Prolopse (MVP) is defined as the systolic billowing of one or both mitral leaflets into the left atrium, with or without mitral regurgitation. it is the most common form of valvular heart disease, occurring in 3 to 6 percent of the population: Patients with MVP also frequently...
- Cardiac chest pain in children. Çağdaş, Deniz N.; Paç, F. Ayşenur // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Oct2009, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p401
Objective: Chest pain (CP) is a common cause of referral to hospital, not always directly related with cardiac diseases (CD). We investigated the causes for cardiac CP in children. Methods: A hundred and twenty children, admitted consecutively to pediatric cardiology clinic with CP, were...
- ASK THE DOCTOR. // Heart Advisor;Jan2014, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to heart attack including the influence of normal cholesterol to heart attack, the chest pain as angina attack and the occasional panic attacks for mitral valve prolapse.
- Perverse T waves and chronic beta-blocker treatment. Griffith, T.M.; Dalal, J.J.; Penny, W.J.; Dart, A.M.; Henderson, A.H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/2/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6308, p19
Examines the cause of T-wave inversion due to beta-blocker treatment. Description of T-wave inversion on the electrocardiogram; Effects of T-wave direction; Treatment of patients with non-cardiac chest pain.
- Are heart attack symptoms due to cocaine use? // ED Nursing;Aug2008, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p114
The article discusses the need for medical personnel in the U.S. to ask whether their patients are using cocaine in order to give the appropriate medication. It is important to ask about cocaine use if a patient shows symptoms that suggest possible heart attack such as chest pains, shortness of...
- Diastolic Function Evaluations by Tissue Doppler Imaging in Patients With Mitral Valve Prolapse. Salehi, Rezvaneh; Javanshir, Elnaz; Enamzadeh, Elgar // Cardiology Research;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26
Background: Tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) is a new echocardiographic imaging technique that is believed to be superior to older conventional techniques in assessing abnormalities of cardiac function in many conditions affecting the heart. There are very limited data regarding the role of TDI in...
- Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Muscular Bridge. Onan, Burak; Onan, Ismihan Selen; Bakir, Ihsan // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p598
The article discusses the case of a 50-year-old man who complained of progressive dyspnea. During an exercise, nonspecific ST-segment changes in the anterior chest derivations of his electrocardiogram were observed. A hyperdynamic left ventricular systolic function was also detected via...