Tissue pO2 of Human Brain Cortex -- Method, Basic Results and Effects of Pentoxifylline
- Erratum to: Cerebral Microcirculation and Oxygen Tension in the Human Secondary Cortex. Linninger, A.; Gould, I.; Marrinan, T.; Hsu, C.-Y.; Chojecki, M.; Alaraj, A. // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;Nov2016, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p3433
No abstract available.
- Effects of Exercise and Vasodilators on Cerebral Tissue Oxygenation in Pulmonary Hypertension. Müller-Mottet, Séverine; Hildenbrand, Florian; Keusch, Stephan; Hasler, Elisabeth; Maggiorini, Marco; Speich, Rudolf; Bloch, Konrad; Ulrich, Silvia // Lung;Feb2015, Vol. 193 Issue 1, p113
Background: Arterial and thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (PH) lead to arterial hypoxaemia. Objective: To investigate whether cerebral tissue oxygenation (CTO) in patients with PH is reduced and whether this is associated with reduced exercise tolerance. Methods: 16 patients with PH (mean...
- Continuous Positive-Pressure Ventilation: Effects on Systemic Oxygen Transport and Tissue Oxygenation. Lutch, John S.; Murray, John F. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb72, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p193
Examines the effects of continuous positive-pressure ventilation on systemic oxygen transport and peripheral tissue oxygenation. Description of the study design; Blood gas and hemodynamic measurements for each group of patients; Information on the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Tissue oxygenation, venous ulcers and fibrin cuffs. Mani, R.; White, J. E.; Barrett, D. F.; Weaver, P. W. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun1989, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p345
Skin oxygen tension (TcPo2) was measured at 43Â°C on patients (n=27) with venous ulcers. Measurements were made at ulcer edge and, proximally on the same limb for control. Similar measurements were also made on healthy volunteers (n=14) in the medial aspects of the distal third of the legs....
- Novel Imaging Provides New Insights into Mechanisms of Oxygen Transport in Tumors. Hardee, Matthew E.; Dewhirst, Mark W.; Agarwal, Nikita; Sorg, Brian S. // Current Molecular Medicine;May2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p435
Hypoxia is a common feature of solid tumors, and abnormal tumor oxygen transport is a key factor in the imbalance between tumor oxygen supply and demand. Novel advanced imaging techniques can enable new insights into the complexities of tumor oxygen transport and hypoxia that were not previously...
- Influence of ATP-dependent K-channel opener on K-cycle and oxygen consumption in rat liver mitochondria. Akopova, O. V.; Nosar, V. I.; Bouryi, V. A.; Mankovskaya, I. N.; Sagach, V. F. // Biochemistry (00062979);Sep2010, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p1139
The influence of the K-channel opener diazoxide on the K cycle and oxygen consumption has been studied in rat liver mitochondria. It was found that diazoxide activates the K-channel in the range of nanomolar concentrations (50-300 nM, K âˆ¼ 140 nM), which results in activation of K/H exchange...
- Oxygen-Uptake (VO2) Kinetics and Functional Mobility Performance in Impaired Older Adults. Alexander, Neil B.; Dengel, Donald R.; Olson, Rebecca J.; Krajewski, Katheryn M. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Aug2003, Vol. 58A Issue 8, p734
Focuses on a study which measured the maximal oxygen uptake in older adults. Background of the study population; Functional performance of older adults; Relationship between maximal oxygen uptake, kinetics and functional performance.
- Two-photon high-resolution measurement of partial pressure of oxygen in cerebral vasculature and tissue. Sakadžić, Sava; Roussakis, Emmanuel; Yaseen, Mohammad A.; Mandeville, Emiri T.; Srinivasan, Vivek J.; Arai, Ken; Ruvinskaya, Svetlana; Devor, Anna; Lo, Eng H.; Vinogradov, Sergei A.; Boas, David A. // Nature Methods;Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p755
Measurements of oxygen partial pressure (pO2) with high temporal and spatial resolution in three dimensions is crucial for understanding oxygen delivery and consumption in normal and diseased brain. Among existing pO2 measurement methods, phosphorescence quenching is optimally suited for the...
- Clarification of cyanide's effect on oxygen transport characteristics in a canine model. Pham, Julius Cuong; Huang, David T.; McGeorge, Francis T.; Rivers, Emanuel P. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p152
The article presents a study which evaluated the oxygen transport characteristics using a canine model to determine the cardiovascular mechanisms of cyanide poisoning. Researchers conducted a prospective controlled experiment using male beagle dogs which were anesthetised with Î±-chloralose...