A SIMPLIFIED TECHNIQUE FOR MAKING COMPLICATED CATHETER CURVES
- Floating Facts. Harshman, Terry Webb // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on the uses and benefits of water, including its role in balancing the body temperature.
- 10 Ways to Stay Cool. // InStyle;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p124
The article suggests 10 products and ways on how to stay cool during summer, one is drinking cold water.
- your health. // Overdrive;Jun2003, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p84
Focuses on the health benefits of water. Importance of water to reduce the risk of arthritis, asthma, heartburn; Number of glasses needed; Regulation of body temperature, nutrients and oxygen.
- Hyperhydration and Glycerol: Thermoregulatory Effects During Exercise in Hot Climates. Latzka, William A.; Sawka, Michael N. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Dec2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p536
Examines the effects of hyperhydration on thermoregulation in the heat. Level of sweating rates during exercise with hyperhydration; Increase of total body water of participants during rest; Advantages of hyperhydration.
- First Experimental Results with a New Type of Stent: The Double-Coil Device. Ernst-Peter Strecker; Ho-Young Song; Sung-Gwon Kang; Hou Dongming; M. Schumacher // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Jun2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p269
Purpose: To introduce a new stent design and evaluate its technical properties. Methods: This stent consists of two nitinol wires partially connected to each other. After delivery through a catheter a tube-like helical stent forms within the artery. After experimental tests in flow models...
- German grants injunction vs. Elan Med for infringement. // Medical Device Daily;3/12/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p5
The article discusses the court case German grants injunction vs. Elan Med for the infringement on a Zoll patent of Elan products.
- CONSULTATION STAT. Gregg, Brenda Lee; O'Malley, Penny; Ditlow, Linda L.; Anderson, Robert K.; Winton, J. // RN;Nov82, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p117
Offers solutions to vexing problems that complicate the clinical practice of a physician. Importance of monitoring heart murmurs in the insertion of catheter; Way to monitor the effectiveness of the tricuspid; Efficacy of body temperature to aid absorption.
- Partial cardiopulmonary bypass for the treatment of profound accidental hypothermic circulatory collapse. Wong, P. S.; Pugsley, W. B. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct1992, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p640
The article presents the case report of a middle-aged man with profound accidental hypothermia, who was found collapsed in the street. On arrival in hospital he was in asystole and there was no spontaneous respiration. An incision was made in the right groin exposing the femoral artery and vein....
- Iatrogenic Hydrothorax. Refetoff, Samuel // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov65, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p869
Describes a case of unilateral pleural effusion caused by the penetration of an indwelling polyethylene catheter into the pleural space. Case history; Clinical findings; Causes of plural effusion; Diagnosis and treatment.