SERIAL HIS BUNDLE ELECTROGRAMS IN A CATHETER INDUCED COMPLETE HEART BLOCK
- PULMONARY ARTERY INTRAMURAL HEMATOMA: UNUSUAL COMPLICATION OF AORTIC DISSECTION. Valle, Felipe Homem; Gib, Marcelo; Torres, Felipe Soares // Clinical & Biomedical Research;2015, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p167
The article presents a case study of a 56 year-old patient presented to the emergency room with chest pain and 26mmHg blood pressure gap between right arm and left lower limb.
- Internal jugular vein access in a semi-seated position for catheterisation to enable haemodialysis in orthopnoeic patients. Karatanasopuloz, R.; Balbuena, V.; Paiz, M.; Levy, G.; Martín, C. // Nefrologia;2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p699
The article describes the technique, duration of catheterization, complications and outcome of patients having a catheter inserted for haemodialysis. It states that vein access is used commonly in carrying out diagnostic and therapeutic procedures but with the right preparation due to...
- Clues to a code Subtle sign can help you save a life. Green, Ellie; Jaffe, Elizabeth S. // RN;Jul90, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p26
Discusses the importance of the ability of nurses to assess changes in the condition of patients. Purpose of monitoring and fretting over variations in a patient's heart rate; Details on the evaluation of chest pains; Changes in diastolic blood pressure.
- Higher systolic BP on ICU admission may predict favorable prognosis. // Cardiology Today;May2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses findings from a study conducted by researchers from LinkÃ¶ping University in LinkÃ¶ping, Sweden which examined the relationsip between long-term mortality and supine systolic blood pressure among 119,151 patients treated at an intensive care unit for chest pain from...
- Effects of Glyceryl Trinitrate on Blood Pressure and Arterial Compliance. Sumimoto, Takumi; Hamada, Mareomi; Kawakami, Hideo; Suzuki, Makoto; Abe, Mitsunori; Matsuoka, Hiroshi; Shigematsu, Yuji; Hiwada, Kunio // Angiology;Dec1993, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p951
Glyceryl trinitrate (GTN) mainly reduces systolic blood pressure (SBP) rather than diastolic blood pressure (DBP) in acute conditions. To examine the efficacy of GTN as an antihypertensive agent in patients with isolated systolic hypertension (ISH), the authors examined the effects of GTN on HP...
- The Case âˆ£ Acute heart failure with elevated cardiac enzymes. S.-D. Chung; K.-H. Huang; C.-H. Liao; H.-C. Tai; H.-J. Yu; S.-C. Chueh // Kidney International;Aug2007, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p521
The article presents the clinical case of a 42-year-old man with a history of hypertension and chest pain. Physical examination has revealed that the patient is notable for an afebrile with a blood pressure of 210/110 millimeter while laboratory tests showed serum B-type natriuretic peptide...
- Incidental transarterial placement of a dialysis catheter into the femoral vein. Huschak, Gerald; Pfeifer, Felix; Mende, Ludger; Dazinger, Florian; Kaisers, Udo X.; Laudi, Sven // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p67
The article discusses the clinical case of a 42-year-old man who was hospitalized due to dyspnea and fever secondary to novel H1N1 influenza. X-ray. The patient required oxygenation, but his dialysis catheter was incidentally placed with both openings in the femoral vein was passing through the...
- Tinnitus after hemodialysis catheter placement. Walsh, Stephen B.; Ekbal, Nasirul; Brookes, Jocelyn; Cunningham, John // Kidney International;Sep2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p688
The article offers information on effects of hemodialysis catheter placement on a patient with renal disease. It mentions that the patient with nephropathy and chronic hepatitis B infection had been maintained on peritoneal dialysis and an episode of peritonitis necessitated a conversion to...
- Chest Pain and Pauses in Lead II. Grauer, Ken // Internal Medicine Alert;7/15/2013 ECG REview, p104
The article presents an electrocardiogram of a woman with new-onset chest pain, including the interpretation of rhythm, where rhythm disturbances suggest the possibility of second degree Atrioventricular Block, Mobitz Type I.