CURRENT APPLICATION OF ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY
- Accuracy of a heart failure diagnosis in administrative registers. Kümler, Thomas; Gislason, Gunnar Hilmar; Kirk, Vibeke; Bay, Morten; Nielsen, Olav W.; Køber, Lars; Torp-Pedersen, Christian // European Journal of Heart Failure;Jul2008, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p658
Abstract: Background: The incidence of heart failure is frequently reported using hospital discharge diagnoses. The specificity of a diagnosis has been shown to be high but the sensitivity of a reported diagnosis is unknown. Purpose: To study the accuracy of a heart failure diagnosis reported to...
- Congenital Heart Disease: Causes, Diagnosis, Symptoms, and Treatments. Sun, RongRong; Liu, Min; Lu, Lei; Zheng, Yi; Zhang, Peiying // Cell Biochemistry & Biophysics;Jul2015, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p857
The congenital heart disease includes abnormalities in heart structure that occur before birth. Such defects occur in the fetus while it is developing in the uterus during pregnancy. About 500,000 adults have congenital heart disease in USA (WebMD, Congenital heart defects medications, , ). 1 in...
- A giant right coronary artery aneurysm as an incidental finding. Ríos Gómez, Enrique; Martín, María; Lozano, Iñigo; Luyando, Luis H. // European Journal of Echocardiography;May2011, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p371
The article presents a case study of a 64-year old asymptomatic man with diastolic murmur submitted for echocardiographic assessment, in which computed tomography revealed a giant atherosclerotic right coronary artery (RCA) aneurysm.
- A Study of Clinical, Microbiological, and Echocardiographic Profile of Patients of Infective Endocarditis. Ghosh, Soumik; Sahoo, Ratnakar; Kumar Nath, Ranjit; Duggal, Nandini; Kumar Gadpayle, Adesh // ISRN Otolaryngology;2014, p1
Infective endocarditis, a great masquerader, is a clinical entity which may present with a myriad of manifestations. Its changing epidemiological profile has been studied in the previous decades in both the developed and the developing nations. In this study, we strived to uphold the evolving...
- THE IMPACT OF HAND CARRIED ULTRASOUND DEVICES (HCU) IN THE CARDIAC OUTPATIENT CLINIC UPON THE REFERRAL PATTERNS TO THE ECHO DEPARTMENT. // Heart;Nov2002 Supplement 4, Vol. 88, pIv33
Discusses an abstract of the study, titled 'The impact of hand carried ultrasound devices (HCU) in the cardiac outpatient clinic upon the referral patterns to the echo department,' by D. Platts, M. Thomas, P. MacCarthy and M. Monaghan.
- Routine pre-op echocardiography is not necessary before non-cardiac procedures. // Modern Medicine;Jan97, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p56
Presents an abstract of the study `Echocardiography for assessing cardiac risk in patients having non-cardiac surgery,' by E.A. Halm, W.S. Browner et al published in the September 15, 1996 issue of the `Annals of Internal Medicine' journal.
- Contents page. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2008, Vol. 9 Issue suppl_1, pV
The table of contents for the December 2008 issue of the periodical "European Journal of Echocardiography" is presented.
- Chronic heart failure: Essentials of optimal treatment. Graham, Mark G.; Decaro, Matthew V.; Weinberg, Nicole M. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Jul2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p5
The article offers information on the assessment and treatment of chronic heart failure. Echocardiography is said to be the single best test to confirm the diagnosis of heart failure. For many years the condition was classified by the extent of the symptoms it produced. The American College of...
- Comparison of the Tissue Doppler-Derived Left Ventricular Tei Index to that Obtained by Pulse Doppler in Patients with Congenital and Acquired Heart Disease. Abd El Rahman, M. Y.; Hui, W.; Dsebissova, F.; Schubert, S.; Hübler, M.; Hetzer, R.; Lange, P. E.; Abdul-Khaliq, H. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p391
We compared the left ventricular Tei index measured by tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) to that obtained by pulsed Doppler (PW) in patients with congenital heart disease. In 40 consecutive patients with a variety of congenital and acquired heart diseases, the left ventricular (LV) PW Doppler-derived...