Prolonged Beneficial Effects of Dobutamine in Refractory Heart Failure -- Case Histories
- Different responses to dobutamine in the presence of carvedilol or metoprolol in patients with chronic heart failure. Bolano, E.; Täng, M. Scharin; Hjalmarson, Å.; Waagstein, F.; Andersson, B. // Heart;Jun2003, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p621
Objective: To determine whether patients with congestive heart failure on different Î² adrenoreceptor blocking drugs have similar haemodynamic responses to dobutamine. Design: Single centre, single blind, randomised, two period crossover study comparing carvedilol with metoprolol CR/XL....
- Arrhythmias Associated with Intermittent Outpatient Dobutamine Infusion. David, Shukri; Zaks, Jeffrey M. // Angiology;Feb1986, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p86
The use of intermittent outpatient dobutamine infusion has recently been studied as an alternative therapy modality for patients with refractory congestive heart failure. We studied the arrhythmogenic effects of intermittent outpatient dobutamine infusion in two patients with NYHA class IV heart...
- Candesartan in CHF Patients with Normal LV Function. Barry, Henry // American Family Physician;1/1/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p164
Examines the effects of candesartan in patients with congestive heart failure and preserved left-ventricular ejection fraction. Clinical questions on the case; Clinical setting; Discussion on the results of the study.
- Candesartan Plus ACE Inhibitor for CHF. Barry, Henry // American Family Physician;1/1/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p164
Studies the effects of candesartan in patients with congestive heart failure and reduced left-ventricular systolic function taking angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. Clinical setting of the study; Study design; Discussion on the result of the study.
- Enhancement of Phentolamine by Nitrates in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure. Gould, Lawrence; Reddy, C. V. R.; Zen, Bujung; Singh, B. K. // Angiology;Sep1981, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p595
Phentolamine dilates the resistance bed and to a lesser degree the capacitance bed, while the nitrates have the opposite action. Therefore, in 7 patients with congestive heart failure due to congestive cardiomyopathy, hemodynamic measurements were made using a Swan Ganz thermodilution catheter...
- LETTERS AND CORRECTIONS. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec86, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p965
Presents letters and corrections from the readers of the 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Hemoperfusion for N-Acetylprocainamide intoxication; Complications of dobutamine in patients with severe congestive heart failure; Extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy and prophylaxis for endocarditis.
- Congestive heart failure with a noncoronary cause. Manzoor, Naila // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p248
Examines the case of a 66-year-old man with congestive heart failure with a non-coronary cause. Medical history; Physical examination findings; Diagnosis; Treatment.
- Congestive Heart Failure. Braunwald, Eugene; Chidsey, Charles A.; Pool, Peter E.; Sonnenblick, Edmund H.; Ross Jr., John; Mason, Dean T.; Spann, James F.; Covell, James W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr66, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p904
Discusses biochemical and physiological considerations in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure. Cardiac metabolism; Oxidative phosphorylation and mitochondria; Stores of high-energy phosphate in acute and chronic failure.
- Lifetime Risk of Developing Congestive Heart Failure. Carter, Chuck // American Family Physician;3/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p1339
Discusses the study 'Lifetime Risk for Developing Congestive Heart Failure. The Framingham Heart Study,' by D.M. Lloyd-Jones et al., from the December 10, 2002 issue of 'Circulation.'