Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- New Concepts of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome That Explain Etiology, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Roos, David B. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1979, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p313
Presents a study which focused on new concepts of thoracic outlet syndrome. Etiology of the disease; Symptoms of the disease; Diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
- Variations of the Course of the Upper Trunk of the Brachial Plexus and their Clinical Significance for the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: A Study on 93 Cadavers. Natsis, Konstantinos; Totlis, Trifon; Tsikaras, Prokopios; Anastasopoulos, Nikolaos; Skandalakis, Panagiotis; Koebke, Juergen // American Surgeon;Feb2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p188
The aim of this study is the recording of the variations of the course of the upper trunk (UT) of the brachial plexus (BP) and their clinical significance for the thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) and the anesthetic blockade of the BP. Five different anatomical variations of the course of the UT of...
- THE THORACIC OUTLET COMPRESSION SYNDROME -- A REAPPRAISAL. Greenstone, Seymour M.; Massell, Theodore B.; Heringman, E. Craig; Raphael, Hugh A. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1971, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p121
Offers a reappraisal of the thoracic outlet compression syndrome. Anatomy of the thoracic outlet region; Symptoms of the thoracic outlet compression syndrome; Treatment.
- REASSESSMENT OF THE SIGNIFICANCE OF CERVICAL RIB IN THE THORACIC OUTLET SYNDROME OVERLOOKING THE RIBS, FAILURE TO DEMONSTRATE THEM, AND THEIR ROLE IN ARTERIAL COMPRESSION. Martinez, Nestor S.; Uhrich, John; Bryar, George; Berger, Victor // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1980, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p57
Analyzes the pathophysiology of cervical rib compression syndrome. Symptoms of cervical rib compressions; Treatment options in several cases of the syndrome; Patient outcomes.
- Essentials and Safeguards of Surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Roos, David B. // Angiology;Mar1981, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p187
The article discusses essentials and safeguards of surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. Symptoms that usually fail to respond to "conservatism" include sensory complaints of persistent coldness, paraesthesias, and intolerable pain; and the motor involvement of progressive weakness, fatigue, and...
- CERVICOTHORACIC EXTENSION OSTEOTOMY FOR CHIN-ON-CHEST DEFORMITY IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS. Belanger, Theodore A.; Milam IV, R. Alden; Roh, Jeffrey S.; Bohlman, Henry H. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2005, Vol. 87-A Issue 8, p1732
Background: Chin-on-chest deformity is a disabling manifestation of ankylosing spondylitis. Surgical treatment consists of extension osteotomy at the cervicothoracic junction. The purpose of this study was to characterize the clinical presentation of this deformity and to determine the long-term...
- Hyperabduction Syndrome. Narayanappa, A. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1980, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on cases of hyperabduction syndrome, the disappearance of the radial and branchial pulses of the right, left or both upper limbs. Prevalence of the syndrome among coffee planters and their wives; Sex differences in the incidence of the syndrome; Age group where the greatest number of...
- Two-surgeon approach to thoracic outlet syndrome: long-term outcome. Sharan, D.; Moulton, A.; Greatrex, G.H.; Das, S. K.; Whiteley, A. M.; Srivastava, V. M. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;May1999, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p239
An orthopaedic surgeon and a vascular surgeon jointly conducted 30 operations for thoracic outlet syndrome in 27 patients, having done the preoperative assessments in conjunction with a neurologist. Anterior scalenectomy was performed by the supraclavicular route except in one case where the...
- Cervical rib syndrome. // Emergency Nurse;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p17
The article deals with the emergency management for a 17 year-old female who is suffering from cervical rib syndrome. It presents the findings of the clinical examination conducted on the patient. It describes the pain experienced by patients with cervical rib syndrome. The treatments given to...