Publisher Scorecards Hardcover/Paperback Advice
- @Deadline. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan2001, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p10
Covers issues related to print media as of January 2001. Market growth of narrative nonfiction publishing; Update on companies involved in book trade; Launching of several periodicals. INSETS: It's no accident: Brits love serendipity;Gao wins Nobel Prize;50 years ago.
- Combatting Differential Pricing of Journals. R. M. D. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov85, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p267
Editorial. Comments on the issue regarding differential pricing of periodical subscriptions in 1985. Reason for the differential pricing of journals; Impact of the high prices imposed by a group of publishers on periodical budgets; British publishers which announced a moratorium on increasing...
- Simon & Schuster, Time Warner Ruling NYT Advice Lists. // Book Publishing Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p6
Presents several books dominating the periodical's hardcover and paperback advice lists in the U.S. "Your Best Life Now," by Joel Osteen; "The 8th Habit," by Stephen Covey; "What to Expect When You're Expecting," by Heidi Murkoff. INSET: Other Highlights....
- Yesterday and Today. // School Library Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p62
Compares the statistics of book publications and sales in 1954 and 2004 in the U.S. Total number of books published; Total number of children's books published; Total number of books reviewed by "School Librarian Journal."
- From AndrÃ© Frankovits, Sydney, Australia:. // Screen;Summer87, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p122
The author expresses dismay for the declining sale of the "Screen" journal in Australia. He cites the problem concerning the student reception of magazines, like "Screen," in Australia. He offers some observations why the journal is not attracting more readers, teachers and booksellers in the...
- Need of a journal for a learned society? Kekre, Nitin S. // Indian Journal of Urology;Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p97
Presents the author's views on the objectives of the "Indian Journal of Urology." Goals of the publication; Quality of article contents; Standard considerations on research article from India.
- From Page To Page. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on issues concerning the alliance between magazine and book publishers in the U.S. Aim of several magazine companies for maintaining in-house book publishing operations; Details of the licensing strategies implemented by several magazine and book publishing companies; Benefits of the...
- Markets Listings. Bakkum, Beth // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2004, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p51
Provides information on several periodicals and publishers in North America. "Ruminator Review"; "California Journal"; "Filipinas"; "Instinct Magazine."
- Zoological Info Now Current. // Information Today;Mar1988, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p32
The article reports on the completion of Catch Up Program which aims to bring publication schedules for Zoological Record (ZR) to a current basis. The Catch Up Program was initiated in 1980, when BIOSIS and the Zoological Society of London, England began jointly publishing ZR and mutually...