CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH ANTICOAGULANTS
- DICUMAROL: DANGEROUS AND RATHER INEFFECTIVE DRUG. Martorell, Fernando // Angiology;Apr1952, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p185
Presents results of the clinical studies of the anticoagulant agent dicumarol. Efficacy of dicumarol for treatment of intravascular coagulation; Advantage of dicumarol over heparin; Consequences and dangers accompanying dicumarol treatment.
- The Anticoagulant Malingerer. Agle, David P.; Ratnoff, Oscar D.; Spring, Gottfried K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul70, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p67
Compares the psychiatric studies of patients who had surreptitiously ingested anticoagulant drugs with those who had taken bishydroxycoumarin in error. Case report of a 27-year-old single nurse with generalized bleeding tendency; Discussion of the criteria for the diagnosis of intoxication with...
- A case of probable bemiparin-induced heparin-induced thrombocytopenia type II managed with low-dose fondaparinux. Koul, A. N.; Koufakis, T.; Tsapakidis, K.; Margaritis, A.; Gabranis, I. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p267
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Case of Probable Hemiparin-Induced Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) Type II Managed With Low-Dose Fondaparinux" published in a previous issue.
- dicumarol. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p593
A definition of the medical term "dicumarol" is presented, which refers to an anticoagulant drug.
- Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers with Sulodexide. Scondotto, Gaetano; Aloisi, Daniele; Ferrari, Patrizio; Martini, Luca // Angiology;Nov1999, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p883
Venous ulcers are still today one of the main socioeconomic problems of medical interest in terms of prevalence, morbidity, and costs to the health service. In the past, various studies have been carried out to identify a systemic pharmacologic treatment able to accelerate venous ulcer healing...
- Quality measurement of anticoagulation care delivery may lead to better outcomes. // Hem/Onc Today;3/10/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses the results of a research study which indicated that the use of risk-adjusted percent time in therapeutic range data may enhance the credibility of oral anticoagulant care delivery sites.
- Therapeutic ranges in anticoagulant administration. Poller, Leon // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/8/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6483, p1683
Examines the therapeutic ranges in anticoagulants administration in Great Britain. Use of planned clinical trails in the prevention or treatment of disorders; Details on the proposed therapeutic ranges of anticoagulants; Enumeration of disorders using anticoagulants.
- Ministerial support for anticoagulation. // GP: General Practitioner;5/6/2002, p10
Focuses on the initiative taken by Yvette Cooper, health minister of Great Britain and Birmingham, England-based general practitioner David Fitzmaurice to launch a patient support group for people on anticoagulation therapy. Role of the organization Anticoagulation Europe to further progress of...
- Thanks a clot. // Men's Health;May97, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p144
Provides information about an anticoagulant, clopidogrel's effectivity in preventing recurrences of heart attack and stroke. Advantage of clopidogrel compared to aspirin.