THE CLINICAL USE AND VALUE OF NON-INVASIVE DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES IN PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL OCCLUSIVE DISEASE
- FYi. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2002, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
Presents information on health-related subjects. Indications that calf pain while walking is a sign of peripheral vascular disease; Web site suggested to settle disputes with health plan providers.
- Education: Vascular disease -- Developing stroke services. // GP: General Practitioner;2/3/2014, p34
The article offers information on vascular disease. Topics discussed include the potential increase in stroke incidence with cardiovascular disease as the main cause of death in Great Britain, the cost of stroke as a major pressure on the National Health Service (NHS) and the society, several...
- Percutaneous Interventions for Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Disease. De Sanctis, Julia Tucker // American Family Physician;12/15/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1965
Peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities is an important cause of morbidity that affects up to 10 million people in the United States. The primary care physician can easily identify patients who are at risk for the disease with a questionnaire and a relatively simple test--the ankle...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: vascular disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p36
Presents several abstracts on vascular disease. `Vessel Size and Long-Term Outcome after Coronary Stent Placement,' by S. Elezi, A. Kastrati, F-J Neumann et al.; `Treating to Meet NCEP-Recommended LDL Cholesterol Concentrations with Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastati, or Simvastatin in...
- Don't take leg pain lying down. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p230
Provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment for peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Blocking of leg arteries by cholesterol or calcium; Doctors' recommendation for patients to stop smoking and watch their diets; Lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure; Test to diagnose PVD.
- peripheral arterial disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral arterial disease," is presented.
- peripheral vascular disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral vascular disease," is presented.
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Selected South Indian Population. Premalatha, Gopal; Shanthirani, Subramaniam; Deepa, Raj; Markovitz, Jerome; Moran, Viswanathan // Diabetes Care;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1295
Presents information on a study which determined the prevalence and risk factors of peripheral vascular disease among South Indians. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Exclusive: Third of PCTs stall on vascular checks. Moberly, Tom // GP: General Practitioner;2/12/2010, p01
The article reports that the vascular disease roll-out of screening program is running behind schedule in England. It states that more than a third primary care trusts (PCTs) of the country have not carried out vascular checks, nine months after British Department of Health (DoH) said it would...