A CLINICAL STUDY OF EMBOLECTOMY
- A Simple Method to Prevent Calcium Embolization during Aortic Valve Surgery. Neri, Eugenio; Toscano, Thomas; Frati, Giacomo; Capannini, Gianni; Bizzari, Federico; Sassi, Carlo // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p320
Focuses on the use of calcium embolization in aortic valve surgery. Recognition of calcium embolization; Technique in the application of aortomy.
- DOCTORS PERFORM FIRST UNITED STATES BARIATRIC EMBOLIZATION PROCEDURE TO TREAT OBESITY. // Bariatric Times;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the first bariatric embolization procedure performed by physicians at Dayton Interventional Radiology in Ohio to combat obesity.
- Varicocele techniques fare equally well in comparison study. Kerr, Richard R. // Urology Times;Oct97, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the study conducted by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania focusing on the use of percutaneous embolization and inguinal surgical ligation in treatment of varicocele. Similarities between the results achieved by the methods; Higher failure rate among surgeries; Surgery's...
- Management of massive hemoptysis in a thoracic surgical unit. Endo, Shunsuke; Otani, Shin-ichi; Saito, Noriko; Hasegawa, Tsuyoshi; Kanai, Yoshihiko; Sato, Yukio; Sohara, Yasunori // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p467
Objective: Massive hemoptysis is a life-threatening condition. Surgery is effective but we are sometimes reluctant to operate on patients with this condition. We reviewed our experience with patients who underwent emergency surgery for massive hemoptysis to verify the indications for...
- Coronary Aneurysm Repair without Open Surgery. // Methodist DeBakey Cardiovascular Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p50
The article reports on the repair of a large coronary artery aneurysm by the Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center interventional cardiologists with the use of stent-assisted coil embolization instead of open-heart surgery.
- Technique Of Ultrasound-navigated Intralesional Nd: YAG Laser Coagulation Of Congenital Vascular Disorders. Spendel, S // Internet Journal of Surgery;2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p6
The treatment of voluminous hemangiomas or vascular malformations, particularly of the infiltrative type, is difficult and requires a combination of methods such as surgical excision, embolisation, laser therapy, sclerotherapy and magnesium spiking (1,2,3,4). Ultrasound-navigated intralesional...
- MGUARD mesh protetive stent has positive study. // Biotech Equipment Update;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the announcement of InspireMD Inc. on the positive study of MGuard mesh protective stent system in Tel Aviv, Israel. It depicts the excellent performance demonstrated by the MGuard stent in a highly complex lesion subset with limited angiographic and procedural...
- Sepsis Leading to Emergent Hysterectomy After Uterine Artery Embolization. Martino, Martin A.; Garcia, Jorge E.; Deutsch, Aaron; Borges, Elana; Hoffman, Mitchell S. // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;Winter2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p173
Background: Uterine artery embolization (UAE) is a minimally invasive radiologic procedure in which microspheres of polyvinyl alcohol particles are injected into the uterine artery to occlude blood flow. This paper reports a case of life-threatening sepsis requiring emergent hysterectomy...
- Endoscopic ligation of the sphenopalatine artery and the maxillary artery for the treatment of intractable posterior epistaxis. Seno, Satoshi; Arikata, Masahiko; Sakurai, Hironori; Owaki, Shigehiro; Fukui, Jun; Suzuki, Mikio; Shimizu, Takeshi // American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy;Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p197
Background: Intractable posterior epistaxis sometimes requires intensive treatment, such as surgery or embolization. Maxillary artery ligation has been widely used for the treatment of intractable posterior epistaxis. It is highly effective, but significant complications may occur, including an...