Spiral Saphenous Vein Graft for Replacement of Internal Jugular Vein: A Series of Case Reports
- DOUBLE TIBIAL ARTERY BYPASS GRAFT. Kaminski, Donald L.; Barner, Hendrick B.; Willman, Vallee L. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1973, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p74
Double tibial artery saphenous vein bypass graft has been successfully performed to relieve disabling claudication. When a tibial graft is indicated, patency of both peroneal and posterior tibial arteries produces a favorable local situation for simultaneous grafting of both vessels from a...
- Aneurysm of saphenous vein graft after arterial reconstruction: case report. das Neves Junior, Milton Alves; Melo, Rafael Couto; de Almeida, Catarina Coelho; Fernandes, Allison Roxo; Petnys, Alexandre; Iwasaki, Maria Lucia Sayuri; Pettinati, Juliana; Raboni, Edgar // Jornal Vascular Brasileiro;Oct2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p312
The saphenous vein is usually used as a conduit in vascular bypass. Its degeneration and aneurysm are rare and have unknown causes. This report comes from a male patient 32 years old, healthy, evolving, 19 years later of an arterial reconstruction with venous graft with the aneurysm of this...
- Evaluation of Everted External Jugular Vein for Patch Angioplasty. Mueller, D.; Baker, W.; Bunte, R.; Zawacki, J.; Kovarik, P. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p365
Patch angioplasty of the carotid artery is believed to prevent iatrogenic narrowing, as well as reduce potential thrombosis and minimize the incidence of recurrent stenosis. Vascular surgeons prefer autogenous vein, although polytetrafluorothylene and Dacron have been utilized successfully....
- Duplication of internal jugular vein: a rare case report and review of literature. Prakash, Adhikari; Prakash, Sanjay; Shrestha, Bikash L.; Baskota, Dharma K.; Sinha, Bimal H. // Internet Journal of Otorhinolaryngology;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p13
Internal jugular vein being the major landmark during neck surgery, variations in the internal jugular vein are associated with injury to the vessels, failure to remove all cancerous tissues and incorrect diagnosis of neck pathology. Duplication of the internal jugular vein is a rare anomaly...
- Anatomical study and modified incision of the infrahyoid myocutaneous flap. Ouyang, Dian; Su, Xuan; Chen, Wei-chao; Chen, Yan-Feng; Men, Qian-qian; Yang, An-Kui // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Feb2013, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p675
Skin paddle necrosis and neck function damage, particularly rotation, are two problems associated with the infrahyoid myocutaneous flap clinical application. The aim of this study was to investigate vessel supply and drainage of the skin paddle and to report our modified flap incision technique....
- Bilateral Sampling of the Internal Jugular Vein To Distinguish between Mechanisms of Adrenocorticotropic Hormone-Dependent Cushing Syndrome. Doppman, John L.; Oldfield, Edward H.; Nieman, Lynnette K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;01/01/98, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p33
Presents a study on the safety of bilateral sampling of the internal jugular vein. Comparison of the bilateral internal jugular vein sampling with bilateral inferior petrosal sinus sampling in patients with Cushing disease from those with ectopic ACTH syndrome; Administration of...
- A stand-in for the jugular venous pulse. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;09/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p146
Presents a suggestion on how to determine a patient's jugular venous pulse (JVP). Using veins on dorsum of hand to estimate JVP; Measurement of vertical distance between right atrium and level of hand.
- Bovine jugular valved conduit performs better in a dilated than in an obstructed pulmonary arterial tree. // Cardiology in the Young;May2006 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue S2, p19
The article presents the abstract "Bovine jugular valved conduit performs better in a dilated than in an obstructed pulmonary arterial tree," by H. Dave, M. Comber, A. Dodge-Khatami and A. Kadner.
- The Contegra bovine jugular vein conduit for pediatric RVOT reconstruction: 6 year-results from the European Multicenter Trial. // Cardiology in the Young;May2006 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue S2, p97
The article presents the abstract "The Contegra Bovine Jugular Vein Conduit for Pediatric RVOT Reconstruction: 6 year-results From the European Multicenter Trial".