The Anticholinergic Side Effects of Disopyramide and Controlled-Release Disopyramide
- Treating Alzheimer's? Don't forget about cholinesterase inhibitor drug interactions. Adis International Limited // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p20
Presents information on various drug effects of cholinesterase inhibitor during the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Importance of the discontinuation of cholinesterase inhibitors prior to surgery to drug interactions resulting from coadministration with neuromuscular blocking agents; Impact...
- DISOPYRAMIDE. GRIFFITH, H. WINTER // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2010, p326
The article presents information on disopyramide, an antiarrhythmic agent, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- disopyramide. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p209
This article presents information on disopyramide, an anti-arrhythmic drug which is used to regularize the heartbeat, especially ventricular arrhythmias following a heart attack. Administration, as disopyramide or disopyramide phosphate, can be either oral or by slow intravenous injection or...
- DISOPYRAMIDE. Griffith, H. Winter // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2009, p328
The article presents information on disopyramide, an antiarrhythmic agent, including dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- disopyramide. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p322
Provides clinical information on the antiarrhythmic drug disopyramide. Indications for the drug; Mechanism of action; Contraindications and precautions; Adverse reactions and side effects.
- Clozapine and severe constipation. // Australian Prescriber;Feb2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
If left untreated, clozapine-induced constipation can lead to serious, potentially fatal complications including intestinal obstruction, ischaemia and perforation.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors for Parkinson's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pagano, Gennaro; Rengo, Giuseppe; Pasqualetti, Giuseppe; Femminella, Grazia Daniela; Monzani, Fabio; Ferrara, Nicola; Tagliati, Michele // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Jul2015, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p767
Background: Parkinson's disease (PD) is a progressive neurodegenerative movement disorder frequently associated with a wide variety of non-motor symptoms related to non-dopaminergic pathways. Although the depletion of dopamine is the key neurochemical impairment in PD and anticholinergic...
- Neostigmine. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2015, Vol. 1558 Issue 1, p140
The article presents case report of a boy who developed pulmonary oedema while receiving neostigmine.
- Class 1-A (Quinidine, Procainamide, Disopyramide). // Cardiovascular Pharmacology Manual;2008, p40
The article presents information about several class 1-A anti-medications, they include quinidine, procainamide and disopyramide. One of their uses is for the management of different kinds of atrial and ventricular arrhythmia. Their adverse effects include hypotension, anorexia, blurred vision...