CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH THE ANTICOAGULANT COUMADIN (WARFARIN) SODIUM
- Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and symptomatic heart failure: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trial. Ferreira, Jorge; Ezekowitz, Michael D.; Connolly, Stuart J.; Brueckmann, Martina; Fraessdorf, Mandy; Reilly, Paul A.; Yusuf, Salim; Wallentin, Lars // European Journal of Heart Failure;Sep2013, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1053
Aims We evaluated the effects of dabigatran compared with warfarin in the subgroup of patients with previous symptomatic heart failure (HF) in the RE-LY trial. Methods and results RE-LY compared two fixed and blinded doses of dabigatran (110 and 150 mg twice daily) with open-label warfarin in 18...
- Use a dosing nomogram when ordering initial vancomycin therapy. // Modern Medicine;Nov94, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p68
Presents an abstract of an article entitled `The Appropriateness of Initial Vancomycin Dosing,' by D.P. Rodman, J.T. McKnight, T. Rogers, et. al in the May 1994 issue of the `Journal of Family Practice,' about the use of dosing nomogram when ordering initial vancomycin therapy.
- GR 127935 reduces basal locomotor activity and prevents RU 24969-, but not D-amphetamine-induced hyperlocomotion, in the Wistar-Kyoto Hyperactive (WKHA) rat. Chaouloff, F.; Courvoisier, H.; Moisan, M. P.; Mormède, P. // Psychopharmacology;1999, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p326
Abstract The hyperlocomotor effect of the serotonin (5-HT)[sub 1A,B] receptor agonist 5-methoxy-3-(1,2,3,6tetrahydro-4-pyridinyl)-1H-indole (RU 24969) has been repeatedly reported. However, 5-HT[sub 1A] receptors, 5HT1B receptors (or both) have been claimed to mediate this effect of RU 24969....
- dose escalation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p684
An encyclopedia entry for "dose escalation," which refers to a progressive increase in the strength of any treatment to improve its tolerability or maximize its effect, is presented.
- Efficacy and tolerability of propolis special extract GH 2002 as a lip balm against herpes labialis: a randomized, double-blind three-arm dose finding study. Holcová, Simona; Hladiková, Marie // Health (1949-4998);Jan2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p49
A dose-finding study was performed with respect to the clinical applicability and tolerability of three different concentrations of propolis special extract GH 2002 in a lip balm (0.1%, 0.5% and 1%). The trial was designed as a double- blind, randomized dermatological study in 150 outpatients...
- WARCEF: Warfarin, aspirin similar for prevention of stroke, death in HF. Becker, Richard C. // Cardiology Today;Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on a study which found that warfarin and aspirin have similar effects on the prevention of stroke and death in heart failure (HF) patients in sinus rhythm.
- Warfarin doesn't prevent death. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Jul2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on a study which found that warfarin is not effective than aspirin in preventing cardiac arrests for them who are not in atrial fibrillation (AF) despite of the previous researches according to which it was associated with reduction in the rate of ischemic stroke.
- Better use of warfarin means fewer CVAs. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Jan96, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p71
Report on the findings of a study on the effectiveness of warfarin to prevent strokes sponsored by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) and published in `FDC Reports.' Effectiveness of the drug on patients over 60 with atrial fibrillation; How to reduce the risk of bleeding.
- Initiating and Maintaining Patients on Warfarin Anticoagulation: The Importance of Monitoring. Ezekowitz, Michael D.; James, Kenneth E.; Radford, Martha J.; Rickles, Frederick R.; Redmond, Nadia // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Mar1999, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
The article examines the importance of frequent prothrombin time monitoring in patients receiving warfarin anticoagulation. It emphasizes that the anticipated maintenance dose of warfarin should be administered among outpatients. It says that fixed-dose warfarin regimens are unlikely to keep...