Mesothelioma of the Pericardium with Cholesterol Pericarditis
- 68-Year-Old Woman With Chronic Cough and Recurrent Pleural Effusions. Crandall, Mark A.; Mulvagh, Sharon L. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2010, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p479
A quiz which concerns the late diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis is presented.
- Metformin. // Reactions Weekly;3/24/2007, Issue 1144, p18
This article reports on a case study of lactic acidosis in a 44-year old patient with renal impairment. The patient developed pericarditis during mesalazine treatment for Crohn's disease. The patient was admitted with sudden-onset, severe chest pain. His chest pain disappeared and the...
- Pericardial Disease: Diagnosis and Management. Khandaker, Masud H.; Espinosa, Raul E.; Nishimura, Rick A.; Sinak, Lawrence J.; Hayes, Sharonne N.; Melduni, Rowlens M.; Oh, Jae K. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p572
Pericardial diseases can present clinically as acute pericarditis, pericardial effusion, cardiac tamponade, and constrictive pericarditis. Patients can subsequently develop chronic or recurrent pericarditis. Structural abnormalities including congenitally absent pericardium and pericardial cysts...
- Myopericarditis versus viral or idiopathic acute pericarditis. Imazio, M.; Cecchi, E.; Demichelis, B.; Chinaglia, A.; Ierna, S.; Demarie, D.; Ghisio, A.; Pomari, F.; Belli, R.; Trinchero, R. // Heart;Apr2008, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p498
Objective: To investigate the relative incidence, clinical presentation and prognosis of myopericarditis among patients with idiopathic or viral acute pericarditis. Design: Prospective observational clinical cohort study. Setting: Two general hospitals from an urban area of 220 000 inhabitants....
- Severe calcification of the lateral mitral annulus in constrictive pericarditis: a potential pitfall for the use of echocardiographic tissue Doppler imaging. Butz, Thomas; Langer, Christoph; Scholtz, Werner; Jategaonkar, Smita; Bogunovic, Nikola; Horstkotte, Dieter; Faber, Lothar // European Journal of Echocardiography;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p403
According to the guidelines of the European Society of Cardiology on the diagnosis and management of pericardial diseases, tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) is proposed to be part of the diagnostic work-up in patients with suspected constrictive pericarditis (CP). We describe a case which illustrates...
- 1183 Early post-surgical constrictive pericarditis: an underdiagnosed but benign entity Barbier, P.; Vigano, A.; Salis, S.; Alamanni, F. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS211
An abstract of the article "Early post-surgical constrictive pericarditis: an underdiagnosed but benign entity," by P. Barbier and colleagues is presented.
- Pericarditis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 3rd edition;2007, p713
The article offers a nursing therapeutic guide to pericarditis. Pericarditis is defined as an inflammation of the pericardium, which is the membranous sac that encloses the heart and great vessels. Ways to assess the disease include determining the patient's medical history and by physical...
- Acute pericarditis: A diagnostic challenge. Marinella, Mark; Shabetai, Ralph // Patient Care;2/28/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p132
Provides information pertaining to the diagnosis of acute pericarditis. Difference between myocardial infarction and pericarditis; Potential causes of acute pericarditis; Risk factors; Test for diagnostic confirmation; Pain in acute pericarditis versus acute ischema; Complications.
- Diagnosis of Constrictive Pericarditis. Crawford, Michael // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Mar2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses and comments on the study "Constrictive Pericarditis in the Modern Era," by D. R. Talreja published in a 2008 issue of the "Journal of the American College of Cardiology." The study focused on determining the difference between constrictive pericarditis (CP) and restrictive...