AN EFFICIENT AND SIMPLE CASSETTE-CHANGING DEVICE FOR ANGIOCARDIOGRAPHY
- MSCT is better than stress perfusion imaging for detecting CAD. Cademartiri, Filippo; Bax, Jeroen // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Mar2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p353
The article presents the views of those who are in favor of multi-slice computed tomography (MSCT) as first-line imaging technique as against the nuclear myocadial perfusion imaging. MSCT is a noninvasive angiography technique that allows early detection of coronary arteries disease for...
- Scientific Symposium â€žCardiovascular Imaging in Ishemic Heart Diseaseâ€³ Opatija, Croatia, 29th June 2013. Peršić, Viktor // Cardiologia Croatica;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7/8, pe1
The author provides information on the scientific symposium on "Cardiovascular Imaging in Ischemic Heart Disease" hald on June 29, 2013 in Opatija, Croatia.
- NASCI cardiac CT angiography course. Erasmus, Lourens // South African Journal of Radiology;Jun2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p77
The article reports on the cardiac angiography course jointly sponsored by the Radiological Society of South Africa (RSSA) and the North American Society of Cardiac Imaging (NASCI) held at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa, on March 15-17 and 22-24, 2013.
- New Scan Spots Blockages. Harrar, Sari; Tucker, Lee // Prevention;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p156
Reports on a technique called three-dimensional coronary magnetic resonance angiography, a non-invasive procedure to detect blockages in key heart arteries.
- Pictorial essay III: Permanent pacemakers and Oesophageal Doppler probe. Melarkode, Krishnan; Latoo, M. Y. // British Journal of Medical Practitioners;2009, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p66
The article offers information on the effectiveness of chest radiography in determining the position of pacemakers and oesophageal Doppler probe inside the patients with cardiovascular diseases. It highlights the effectiveness of theses radiographs, particularly in cardiac diagnosis as well as...
- State-of-the-art cardiac imaging equipment provides advanced echocardiograms. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/06/2000-11/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p33
Announces the arrival of a cardiac imaging equipment that provides advanced generation echocardiograms at Kingston Hospital in New York. Contact information.
- Endovascular Treatment of Persistent Epistaxis due to Pseudoaneurysm Formation of the Ophthalmic Artery Secondary to Nasogastric Tube. Selcuk, Hakan; Soylu, Nur; Albayram, Sait; Selcuk, Dogan; Ozer, Harun; Kocer, Naci; Islak, Civan // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p242
We present the case of a 60-year-old man with persistent epistaxis for 20 days that had started 2 weeks after removal of a nasogastric tube placed for an abdominal operation. There was no pathologic finding at selective facial and internal maxillary artery injections. An injury to the ethmoidal...
- Measures of Radiation Exposure in Cardiac Imaging and the Impact of Case Complexity. Smith, Ian R.; Rivers, John T. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Jun2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p224
Background: Although it is important for a patient''s radiation related risks to be considered when recommending a cardiac imaging procedure, few clinicians appreciate the level of exposure involved. This paper provides a comprehensive set of radiation exposure metrics for common angiography...
- Papillary fibroelastoma in the left ventricular outflow tract. Efthymiou, C. A.; Moorjani, N.; Livesey, S. A. // Heart;May2007, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p590
The article discusses the medical condition of 78-year-old man who is suffering from a severe heart problem. An ejection systolic murmur was found out following heart examination. Echocardiography revealed a heavily calcified aortic valve. Likewise, a mobile mass measuring 1.2 x 1.5 cm. was...