MICROEMBOLISM IN THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF SHOCK
- 5th Scientific Workshops and Debates of the Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute (PVRI) Cape Town, South Africa 7-10 February, 2012. // Pulmonary Circulation;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 4, pS16
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the protection of high altitude against irreversible pulmonary hypertension, clinical outcome of pulmonary hypertension among admitted heart failure patients, and platelet function and morphology in idiopathic pulmonary hypertension.
- Bone cement implantation syndrome. Razuin R.; Effat O.; Shahidan M. N.; Shama D. V.; M. F. M. Miswa // Malaysian Journal of Pathology;Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p87
Bone cement implantation syndrome (BCIS) is characterized by hypoxia, hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias, increased pulmonary vascular resistance and cardiac arrest. It is a known cause of morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing cemented orthopaedic surgeries. The rarity of the condition as...
- Progressive Pulmonary Vascular Obstruction and Cor Pulmonale Due to Repeated Embolism from Axillary Vein Thrombosis. Falicov, Raul E.; Resnekov, Leon; Petasnick, Jerry // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep70, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p429
Reports on a case of rapidly progressive pulmonary vascular obstruction due to repeated embolism from an unusual source, the axillary vein. Background on the case report; Discussion on the case study.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B-deficient mice show impaired development of hypoxic pulmonary hypertension. Wanstall, Janet C.; Gambino, Agatha; Jeffery, Trina K.; Cahill, Marian M.; Bellomo, Daniela; Hayward, Nicholas K.; Kay, Graham F. // Cardiovascular Research;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p361
Objective: To test the hypothesis that Vegf-B contributes to the pulmonary vascular remodelling, and the associated pulmonary hypertension, induced by exposure of mice to chronic hypoxia. Methods: Right ventricular systolic pressure, the ratio of right ventricle/[left...
- Pulmonary vascular disease: clinical. // Thorax;Dec2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 60, pii87
The article presents abstracts on pulmonary vascular diseases. They include "Haemolytic Disorders Complicated by Pulmonary Hypertension," by C.A. Elliot, J. Wright, K. Ryan, M. Woodhead, I.J. Armstrong, T.S. Saba and D.G. Kiely, "Histology of Arteriolar Wall Remodelling in a Lung Volume...
- Radiolabeled Platelets in Detecting the Source Recurrent Pulmonary Emboli--A Case Repoi. Poskitt, Keith R.; Payne, Mark N.; Lane, Ian F.; McCollum, Charles N. // Angiology;Jan1987 Part 1, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p62
Multiple pulmonary emboli are recognized to be the cause of progressive pulmonary failure. In these patients, the source of emboli may be difficult to detect, even by venography. The authors describe the use of autologous Indium 111-labeled platelets to locate the origin in a patient with...
- CLINICAL AND ANGIOCARDIOGRAPHY FEATURES OF CONGENITAL ANOMALIES OF THE PULMONARY CIRCULATION: A CLASSIFICATION AND REVIEW. Steinberg, Israel; Finby, Nathaniel // Angiology;Aug1956, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p378
Discusses the clinical and angiocardiographic features of congenital anomalies of the pulmonary circulation. Factors that contribute to the complexity of distinguishing abnormalities; Classification of congenital anomalies; Importance of anomalous systemic blood vessel insertions into the lung.
- Protein Kinase C Modulation of Cyclic GMP in Rat Neonatal Pulmonary Vascular Smooth Muscle. Johnson, J. A.; Barman, S. A. // Lung;2004, Vol. 182 Issue 2, p79
Protein kinase C (PKC) has been implicated in the control of vascular tone and mitogenesis in the adult pulmonary vasculature, but little is known about the role of PKC in the neonatal pulmonary vasculature. In addition, the vasodilator nitric oxide (NO) is important in the transition of the...
- Conventional and targeted medical therapies. Barst, Robyn J.; Stewart, Duncan // Cardiology in the Young;May2009, Vol. 19 Issue S1, p28
The article offers information on the conventional medical therapy to patient with pulmonary hypertension, a progressive disease which is also defined as pulmonary vascular obstructive disease. It notes that patient with pulmonary arterial hypertension is advised to maintain physical activities...