THE IMPORTANCE OF INTENSIVE MONITORING AND ELECTRO-THERAPY OF CORONARY HEART DISEASES
- Impact of a secondary prevention cardiovascular disease management program. Cantley, Larry; Holland, Nan L.; Parker, Debbie; Andrews, Luanne; Knight, Thomas; Stoukides, Cheryl A.; Perdomo, Marianella // Formulary;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p320
Identifies improvement in the practice patterns in the clinical management of coronary heart disease following the initiation of a cardiovascular disease management program. Administrative claims data and Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set quality indicators; Comparison of baseline...
- Combination of aspirin and warfarin reduces risk of reocclusion. // Geriatrics;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p75
Presents an abstract of the article `Progression of the Culprit Lesion in Unstable Coronary Artery Disease with Warfarin and Asprin Versus Asprin Alone,' by M.J.A. Williams, I.M. Morison, J.H. Parker and others, which was published in the August, 1997 issue of `J Am Coll Cardiol.'
- ...and, long term, it improves survival for those with heart disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb95, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p46
Presents an abstract of the article `Randomized Trial of Cholesterol Lowering in 4,444 Patients with Coronary Heart Disease: The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4s),' by the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group from the periodical `The Lancet,' dated November 19, 1994.
- Bypass is best for patients with serious coronary artery disease. // Modern Medicine;Oct95, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p45
Presents an abstract of the article `Comparison of 15-year Survival for Men and Women After Initial Medical or Surgical Treatment for Coronary Artery Disease: A CASS Registry Study,' by K.B. Davis, B. Chaitman, T. Ryan, et al from the `Journal of the American College of Cardiology' dated April 1995.
- Dalteparin is an alternative to heparin for patients with unstable CAD. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p54
Presents an abstract on the article `Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin During Instability in Coronary Artery Disease,' by the Fragmin During Instability in Coronary Artery Disease Study Group published in the March 2, 1996 issue of the `Lancet' journal.
- Pravastatin halts course of atherosclerosis and MI in at-risk patients. // Geriatrics;Apr96, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p63
Presents an abstract of the research report `Pravastatin Limitation of Antherosclerosis in the Coronary Arteries (PLAC 1): Reduction in Atherosclerosis Progression and Clinical Events,' by B. Pitt, G.B.J. Mancini, et al, as presented in a 1995 issue of the `Journal of the American College of...
- Carvedilol has a beneficial effect on left ventricular remodeling. // Geriatrics;June97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p81
Presents an abstract of the work `Left ventricular remodeling with carvedilol in patients with congestive heart failure due to ischemic heart disease,' by R.N. Doughty, G.A. Whalley et al, from the `Journal of American College of Cardiology' dated April 1997. Properties of carvedilol;...
- For middle-aged CAD patients, intensive lipid modulation does work. // Geriatrics;Jul94, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p55
Presents the summary of the article entitled `Impact of Intensive Lipid Modulation on Angiographically Defined Coronary Disease: Clinical Implications' by R.W. Peterson and others published in the 1994 issue of the `South Medical Journal'.
- Optimal aspirin therapy. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p123
Recommends medication for patients with coronary artery disease. Effectiveness of aspirin intake; Alternative drugs.