SYMPATHECTOMIES IN PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASES: FOLLOW-UP STUDIES TO TWENTY YEARS
- Sympathectomy for Peripheral Vascular Sclerosis. de Takats, Geza // Angiology;Apr1954, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p133
Examines the applicability of sympathectomy for peripheral vascular sclerosis patients. Clinical evidence that muscular vasoconstriction is under sympathetic control; Basis for the selection of patients for the procedure; Increase in collateral circulation after the operation.
- Lumbar Sympathectomy Revisited: Current Status in Management of Peripheral Vascular Diseases. Agarwal, Pawan; Sharma, Dhananjaya // Internet Journal of Surgery;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
Despite lack of objective evidence based-support, lumbar sympathectomy (LS) continues to hold a place in the treatment of refractory ischemic ulceration or persistent rest pain, especially when there is a distal ischemia, which is not suitable for direct arterial surgery. There is no...
- LUMBAR SYMPATHECTOMY -- AN EVALUATION IN THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE. Heringman, E. Craig; Massell, Theodore B.; Greenstone, S. M. // Vascular Surgery;Apr1967, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p53
Evaluates lumbar sympathectomy as an operative method for the treatment of obliterative peripheral vascular disease. Number of case records of patients studied in whom unilateral or bilateral lumbar sympathectomy was the only operative procedure performed; Criteria presented by patients with...
- THE VALUE OF SKIN THERMOMETRY IN PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE OF THE LOWER EXTREMITIES. Beekman, Z. M. // Angiology;Feb1959, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p70
Studies the value of skin thermometry in peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities. Advantages and disadvantages of skin thermometry; Investigation on whether skin thermometry combined with sympathetic blockade can be used as indication for the desirability of sympathectomy;...
- sympathectomy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p724
An encyclopedia entry for "sympathectomy" is presented. It refers to an operation destroying the ganglia of certain sympathetic nerves in order to interrupt the nerve pathway. Sympathectomy prevents spasms in the blood vessels resulting from stimulation from the sympathetic nerves in peripheral...
- sympathectomize. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
A definition of the term "sympathectomize," which refers to the act of performing a sympathectomy, is presented.
- sympathectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
An encyclopedia entry for "sympathectomy," which refers to the excision of a portion of the sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system, is presented.
- sympathicectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2255
An encyclopedia entry for the medical term "sympathicectomy," or sympathectomy, is presented.
- EVALUATION OF LUMBAR SYMPATHECTOMY BY QUANTIFICATION OF ARTERIAL PULSATILE WAVEFORM. Lee, Bok Y.; LaPointe, David G.; Madden, John L. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1971, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p61
Since the 1940's, lumbar sympathetic ganglionectomy has been frequently performed in the management of peripheral vascular occlusive disease and its complication. During this period, controversy developed as to the efficacy of the operation in increasing arterial blood flow to the extremity and...