DYNAMIC MICROSCOPIC ANATOMY OF THE FETAL LIVER I. MICROCIRCULATION
- THE STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL ABNORMALITIES IN THE SKIN MICROCIRCULATION OF EGYPTIAN PATIENTS WITH LONG STANDING DIABETES. El-Nahid, Maggie S.; Ashmaui, Aly El // International Journal of Academic Research;Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p292
Objective: The study of the vascular abnormalities in patients with diabetes is of crucial importance. The changes that occur at the level of the microcirculation can be an indication to changes in the whole vascular tree. Assessment of both the functional and the structural abnormalities in the...
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation with Special Reference to ABO-incompatible Grafts and Small-for-size Grafts. Motohide Shimazu; Masaki Kitajima // World Journal of Surgery;Jan2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p2
Living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) has developed on the basis of increased safety of conventional liver surgery and the need for expanding donor sources, especially in children. Indications for LDLT were soon extended to adult patients in Japan, where cadaveric donation was limited. The...
- A Study on the Number and Arrangement of the Structures Passing Through the Porta Hepatis in South Indian Population. Sapna, M.; Shetty, Surekha D.; Nayak, B. Satheesha // International Journal of Morphology;mar2015, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p164
The porta hepatis of the liver is a very important area surgically. The knowledge of the variations in the structures passing through the porta hepatis might be of great help in reducing the risks of surgery in this area. In the current study 59 livers from South Indian cadavers were observed...
- Parents and progeny: Inheritance and the transition to adulthood in colonial North Carolina... Deane, Glenn // History of the Family;1996, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p353
Examines the varying ages in the transition to adulthood in colonial America during the 1680-1759 period. How the transition to adulthood is portrayed; Reference to a study conducted and its results; Examination of life cycle changes during adulthood.
- INTRODUCTION. McFadden, Maria // Human Life Review;Winter2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by William Murchison on moral center, one by Donald DeMarco on the link between the human face and the philosophical and theological dignity, and one by Robert N. Karrer on abortion.
- THE CYCLE'S ICY END. Francis, Michael H. // Field & Stream;Dec2002-Jan2003, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the life cycle in the wild which the hunters experience during winter. Possibility of threat to the game of hunting; Awareness among the hunters regarding the lifecycle in the wild; Void that will be filled by another.
- Life cycles and volunteering. Powers, Mike // Human Ecology;Summer98, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p3
Presents highlights of the College of Human Ecology's National Forum on Life Cycles and Volunteering held from April 30 to May 1, 1998. Impact of issues such as family and volunteering in the 40 to 60 age group; Determination of how volunteers engage and motivate themselves and put their...
- My Brother, My Twin. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p8
Presents an article about growing up with an identical twin. Childhood happenings they often reminisce about; Similarities of the paths that their lives follow; Lessons in life they learned from the experience.
- The Myth of Biological Personhood. Gajewski, Karen Ann // Humanist;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p4
Deals with the issue of personhood in the debate over abortion. Discussion on the beginning of human life; Stance of the United States Supreme Court on personhood; Role of the society on personhood; Criticism against anti-abortionists.