MYCOTIC ANEURYSM OF THE FOREARM FOLLOWING TREATED BACTERIAL ENDOCARDITIS
- Mycotic Aneurysm of the Femoral Profunda Artery in Active Infectious Endocarditis--A Case Report. Cozacov, Carlos; Canaan, Gabi; Man, Boris // Vascular Surgery;Apr1990, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p179
This case report describes a twenty-seven-year-old male who presented with a mycotic aneurysm of the right femoral profunda artery (FPA) appearing in the course of active infectious endocarditis (Staphyloccus aureus). The aneurysm, 6 x 4 cm at the origin of the FPA, exerted growing pressure on...
- Infective Endocarditis in an Adult Patient With CHARGE Association: A Case Report. Antonatos, Dionisios; Patsilinakos, Sotirios; Touliatou, Vassiliki; Sotirelos, Konstantinos; Frisira, Elena; Tsigas, Dimitrios // Angiology;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p631
A case of an adult patient with CHARGE association complicated with infective endocarditis is presented.
- Pseudoaneurysm of the membranous septum, case report and review of the literature. Loukas, Marios; Shane Tubbs, R.; Louis, Robert; Curry, Brian // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p564
Pseudoaneurysm (dissecting aneurysm) of the membranous septum is a rare occasion. Clinically, aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms not only have the potential to reduce ventricular size, but also can be further complicated by rupture of the aneurysm and by promoting tricuspid insufficiency, aortic...
- Immune--Complex Allergic Vasculitis in Association with the Development of Transverse Myelitis. Nikol, Sigrid; Huehns, Tanya Y.; Pilz, Günter; von Scheldt, Wolfgang // Angiology;Nov1996, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p1107
A severe vasculitis, probably therapy related, in a sixty-four-year-old man being treated for possible subacute bacterial endocarditis, was associated with the development of transverse myelitis. It is hypothesized that the vasculitis affected the small vessels to the spinal cord in the same way...
- Isquemia arterial aguda de grandes vasos: forma rara de apresentaÃ§Ã£o de endocardite em doente jovem. Ferreira, B.; Ribeiro, S.; Rocha, S.; Almeida, F.; Correia, J. // RPDI - Revista Portuguesa de DoenÃ§as Infecciosas;set-dez2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p134
Infective endocarditis can course with diverse clinical manifestation and with high intra-hospital mortality (15-22%) arising from complications. Septic embolism is one of the most feared complications and can affect any organ or vascular territory. The authors describe a rare case report of a...
- Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis Due to Candida Tropicalis Complicated by Multiple Pseudoaneurysms. Zedtwitz-Liebenstein, K.; Gabriel, H.; Willinger, B.; Ehringer, H.; Polterauer, P.; Graninger, W. // Infection;Jun2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p177
Candida endocarditis is an unusual but severe complication caused by Candida albicans or other fungal species. We describe a case of prosthetic valve endocarditis due to Candida tropicalis, complicated by multiple pseudoaneurysms.
- Clinical Guideline on Prevention of Bacterial Endocarditis. // Pediatric Dentistry;Reference Manual 2003-2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p128
The article presents an overview of clinical guidelines for the prevention of bacterial endocarditis that were either endorsed or reaffirmed by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry in 1997.
- Aneurysms pose silent stroke risk. Pratt, Timothy // South County Journal;11/23/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 47, pB2
The article presents the risk of aneurysm which may not cause any noticeable symptoms but poses a serious threat.
- VISCERAL ARTERY ANEURYSM. Janzen, Rhonda M.; Simpson, William T. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p301
Describes visceral artery aneurysms, a rarely encountered medical condition, using the case of a man with the condition as an example. Complaint of the man; Medical history of the patient; Vital statistics and physical examination of the patient; Results of the laparotomy; Incidence and...