Who's Bugging You?
- STAYING ONE STEP AHEAD: PEST CONTROL. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p150
Explores the things foodservice operators must look for or do when trying to choose a pest control operator.
- Successful designs reflect operators' unique cultures and personalities. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;03/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
Discusses some of the factors that need to be considered in food facilities planning. Purchasing style; Inventory control; Food preparation style; Cooking to order or cooking to inventory; Point-of-service systems and other management controls; Mobile versus fixed equipment; Modular versus...
- If You Want to Reduce Slips and Fallsâ€¦ Forget the Program. Di Pilla, Steve // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p102
The article focuses on the integration of the slip and fall program in the existing procedures of a foodservice operation. For example, the purchasing function can be responsible for the procurement of required footwear. Floor cleaning requirements would be handled by maintenance. Accident...
- OPERATIONS. // Lodging Hospitality;7/1/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p44
The article offers information on how to eliminate pests within a restaurant. It states that pests can cause bacteria and carry pathogens that threaten food safety. To prevent pest problems, it is essential that restaurants should make a routine cleaning on the kitchen with disinfectant cleaner....
- What's the catch? // Restaurant Magazine;Feb2014, Issue 234, p18
The article reports on the establishment of the Marine Stewardship Council's (MSC) certification for independent restaurants and fish and chip shops that was launched by conservationist and former MSC food service manager Ruth Westcott for a reduction of assessment costs by two thirds.
- RETAIL/COMMERCE: briefs. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/11/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p24
The article offers news briefs related within the business sector in Puerto Rico. Gatsby has announced a multiyear comprehensive expansion of its existing facilities in JosÃ© Mercado Avenue in Caguas. Fashion Group International Inc. has announced its desired annual fashion nominees for the...
- OFF-SITE. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p5
A calendar of events in the U. S. from August to November 2009 is presented which includes conferences titled "National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management Annual Leadership Conference" in California, "American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services Annual Conference &...
- B&I cafeteria prices show `gradual' rise vs. last year. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the increase in prices of B&I foodservice operations in the United States in 1997 as compared to that of 1992. Information on a study which was conducted; Factors which attributed to the price increase; Details on products which have experienced the most increases.
- 1.2 million small employers start. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that commencing July 1, 1997 foodservice companies in the United States will be required to begin Federal payroll tax payments by means of electronic deposit to disregard the coupon deposit system which is used by the companies. Impact of the change on small companies; Penalties for the...