Keeping it fresh
- Uber's Food Delivery Experiment in Barcelona. Sampere, Juan Pablo Vazquez // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/25/2015, p2
The article discusses the decision by online transportation network company Uber to switch to food-delivery business in Barcelona, Spain, a move that represents a disruptive innovation that is implemented legally in a highly regulated industry.
- Safety to go: Show customers how to treat food properly and prevent takeout disaster. Milliorn, Mike // Nation's Restaurant News;9/10/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p24
Provides tips for managing food safety of takeouts in the United States. Factors contributing to a successful foodservice operation; Importance of facilitating food temperature; Relevance of proper labeling for health and safety of customers; Awareness toward proper reheating of takeout foods.
- Delicious delicacies delivered delightfully. // USA Today Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 124 Issue 2610, p78
Profiles various food companies who will deliver food products by means including Federal Express, the United Postal Service (UPS) and the United States Postal Service. Smoked City Ham, Durham Tracklements and other companies.
- Deliveroo Launches in Dublin. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2015, Issue 94, p58
The article reports on the launch of the food delivery service Deliveroo in Dublin, Ireland in 2015.
- QUICK BITE. // FoodService Director;Nov2016, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p34
Statistics are given regarding order accuracy being the important factor for food delivery followed by food condition.
- Delivery law ignites debate over crime vs. consumer rights. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the opposing side taken by restaurant owners and consumers over a San Francisco, California-law requiring delivery to all neighborhoods regardless of their crime rates; Pizza parlor operators criticism of the applicability of the law's exclusionary practices; Background on the...
- Consumer seeking reassurance on food. // Meat Trades Journal;9/28/2012, p4
The article reports that most of the consumers in Great Britain are seeking food quality symbol that can guarantee good standards, which was revealed by Red Tractor Assurance's survey.
- TERMS AND DEFINITIONS: FOOD LABELING. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p58
Provides information on terms and definitions of food labeling in the United States. Laws on food labeling; Foods exempted from labeling; Information that must be included in food labels.
- Growing chains learn to manage delivery logistics. Veneziale, Marcella // Restaurant Hospitality Exclusive Insight;10/28/2016, p1
The article offers tips on managing delivery logistics from three restaurant operators, namely, Mario Del Pero of Mendocino Farms, Frank Klein of Asian Box and Casey Taylor Patten of Taylor Gourmet.