Solving Labor Pains
- Kramer: Industry benefits by supporting the disabled. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;11/2/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p14
An interview with Michael Kramer, senior director of nonprofit organization that trains developmentally disabled workers for several industries YAI in New York, is presented. He asserts that restaurants are preferred by its graduates because it tends to offer many seasonal work. He also states...
- Goodwill mapping. Mehta, Merwan; Fargher, John // Industrial Engineer: IE;Sep2005, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the process improvement project for the nonprofit organization Goodwill Industries in Los Angeles, California. Challenges faced by industrial engineers during the analysis process; Techniques incorporated in the billing system; Citation of strategies for increasing revenues.
- Creative Marketing with BURLAP BAGS. Brannaman, James // In Business;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p22
The article presents information on the waste management strategy employed at the Arc of Multnomah Clackamas, a nonprofit organization in Oregon. The organization aims to remanufacture products from all of the leftover burlap coffee bean bags in Oregon and Washington. By this initiative, the...
- NOT - FOR - PROFITS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/26/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 47, p34A
The article reports developments involving nonprofit organizations in New York. A partnership with retailer Target has been announced by the Suffolk County Coalition Against Domestic Violence Inc. where Target will grant financial assistance to the Youth Education program of the organization....
- Royal Oaks gets ready to build center. // Journal on Active Aging;Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that Royal Oaks Lifecare Community in Sun City, Arizona held a kick-off picnic for its upcoming health and wellness center project. The center will include more than 14,000-square-foot for the not-for-profit community's 650 residents to use. Meanwhile, the project is expected...
- Noble Centers empowers disabled people. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p25B
Features Indianapolis, Ind.-based nonprofit organization Noble Centers. Founding background; Fund-raising projects; Offer of employment opportunities; Integration of disabled people into the workforce; Financial information; Executive staff and board of directors.
- Job Accommodation Network A Great Idea Takes Wings. Diell, Dick // Journal of Rehabilitation;Oct-Dec84, Vol. 50 Issue 4
Focuses on the development of Job Accomodation Network (JAN) to help employers in dealing employees with disabilities in the United States. Description of JAN; Objective of the network; Lists of agencies supporting the program.
- Skilled hands make the difference. MONCLOVA VÁZQUEZ, HÉCTOR // Caribbean Business;10/31/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p22
The article focuses on the employment provided by the Corporate Source, a non-profit organization, to persons with disabilities in Puerto Rico.
- Sign here, please. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;May93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Harbor Homes' Signs-in-a-Second,' a program that will help reduce the high level of unemployment among people with mental disabilities in New Hampshire. Assistance given by Digital Equipment Corp. on the program; Statement of Agency Director Peter Kelleher about one of the immediate...