- The 'Other' West Coast. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
In this article, the author explores the growing popularity of Latin American cuisine in the U.S. The author highlights the introduction of Latin American menus by restaurants across the country. She mentions the ingredients of foods served by the restaurants. The author observes that...
- CIRCA - ny RESTAURANT. // Great Kosher Restaurants Magazine;2006, Vol. 2, p18
The article provides information on the Circa-ny kosher restaurant in New York City. Menu specialties include grilled salmon steak and eggplant tomato quiche. The restaurant prepares its employees through quality training and motivation. It provides a catering service for special occasions such...
- Blackstones Restaurant, Bath. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/14/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4442, p16
The article features Blackstones Restaurant in Bath, England. Information is provided on the restaurant owners, head, chef, manager and capacity. Data is also given on dishes the restaurant serves, including dressed Cornish crab with chilli, lime and mango salsa and slow-roast Moroccan lamb...
- Inn at Little Washington: Ultimate Splurge. Dalphonse, Sherri // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p148
Features the Inn at Little Washington restaurant in Virginia. Prices of daily menus; Treatment of a waiter to diners; Background on its veal and tuna entrÃ©es.
- Revived Le FranÃ§ais will look to the past. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p24
In July 2002, with the economy at a low ebb and most fine-dining restaurants chopping prices to keep their seats filled, the restaurateur brothers, Michael Lachowicz and Thomas Lachowitz, actually closed their restaurant Les Deux Gros in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, for more than a month while they...
- TAPAS ON THE PATIO IN CRYSTAL CITY. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p153
Announces the opening of Jaleo restaurant in Crystal City, Virginia in September 2004. Price range of the hot and cold tapas to be offered by Jaleo; Features of the menu; Supervisor and operators of the restaurant.
- TIPS FOR SERVERS. // Restaurant Business;Dec2005, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p56
The article offers step-by-step instructions for food service employees to deal with customers in a restaurant. The employees should begin to upsell as soon as they approach the table. They should pay close attention to the host's cues when dealing with a large party. If the host is not...
- Laboring over a haute stove. Martin, Patricia // Las Vegas Business Press;09/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the scarcity of food service workers for upscale restaurants in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in food service workers salaries; Comparison of earnings to national average; Effects of stiff competition and decreasing number of qualified applicants; Names of some popular chefs.
- Burgers-N-Such. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/12/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p1
The article features Burgers-N-Such, a restaurant in Lake Whitney, Texas. It offers information on the menus it serve to its patrons such as specialty salads, fried burritos and tacos. The restaurant is noted for serving up overflowing baskets which include fries, gravy and Texas toast. A...