- What people can eat. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p45
Focuses on the effort of the U.S. foodservice industry to plan menus and create programs that would entice customers to eat smart. Remarks from Flik Intl. nutritionist Deanne Brandstetter on menu design; Ingredients of a soy and vegetable curry; Belief of Bon Appetit Management Co. executive...
- Booting Up for Nutrition. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p56
This article discusses the need for an in depth staff training in addressing the intense focus on nutrition in the food service industry. Online education methods can effectively cut through such barriers. Margie Saidel, director of nutrition, K-12, for Chartwells, worked with Deanne...
- The Rise of the Foodservice Dietitian. Begun, Rachel // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the rise of registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) in food service. It mentions the appointments of Deanne Brandstetter, Beth Winthrop and Megan Hunter as food service dietitians in companies. It discusses the occupational role of an RDN who fosters health, wellness and...
- Talking Health. Brandstetter, Deanne // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, pS2
An interview with Deanne Brandstetter, vice president of nutrition and wellness for Compass Group North America, is presented. She explains the effectiveness of the whole + sum program of Compass Group in reorienting the attitudes of customers. She claims that the company's clients are committed...
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Presents updates on issues important to foodservice in the United States (US). Request of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for increased budget in 2001; Dietary guidelines released by USDA; Volume of ground beef purchased by USDA.
- 48% OF AMERICA'S FOOD DOLLAR: Menu prices to rise 3% in 2001. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the projections of the United States Department of Agriculture about the prices of food service menus. Expenditures of Americans for meals away from home; Factors considered in making the projections.
- EDUCATION. // Washington Informer;6/19/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p20
The article offers Washington, District of Columbia's School news briefs as of June 2014 including the students participation in Friendship Public Charter School event, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program, and celebration by Luke C. Moore Academy's school officials.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p66
Presents several announcements made by the United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) for school foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers and presents news briefs related to the foodservice industry. Plans for a bonus buy of frozen cooked and sliced turkey roasts for schools;...
- Food Safety Resources for Schools. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on a resource guide 'Responding to a Food Recall' for school food service professionals released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Contents of the guide; Institute that has produced the resource guide through a cooperative agreement with Food and Nutrition Services of USDA;...