A new player in New York City
- NYC's Union Square Hospitality Group smokin' with growth plans. Duecy, Eric // Nation's Restaurant News;11/15/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p4
Reports on Union Square Hospitality Group LLC's growth strategy for its restaurants in New York City. Dining outlets opened by the company at the Museum of Modern Art; Plans of the company to create a stand-alone catering division; Union Square's upscale restaurants in Manhattan.
- Union Square Hospitality Group. MOORE, SONYA // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p180
The article discusses the success and dining concept of New York City-based restaurant operator Union Square Hospitality Group LLC. The company was founded by Danny Meyer in 1985 and has nine units. It operates fine dining, barbecue and casual dining restaurants. The company follows its mission...
- USHG fields new contract arm with an assist from Aramark. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/21/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p4
The article reports New York-based restaurateur Danny Meyer has formed a new division of his Union Square Hospitality Group LLC intended to clone his hometown restaurant concepts at stadiums and sports arenas across the U.S. The Hudson Yards Sports and Entertainment division will focus on...
- Cafe 2, New York. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;2/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p64
Features Cafe 2 cafeteria, one of three food service concepts managed by restaurateur Danny Meyer and his team from Union Square Hospitality Group for the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Roman-style rosticceria; Challenge of providing food and beverage to museum patrons in relatively...
- Danny Meyer: Manhattan's Gentle Giant. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/12/2004 Supplement, Vol. 38, p18
Profiles Danny Meyer, owner of Union Square Hospitality Group LLC and recipient of the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's Gold Plate Award in 2000. Career in the restaurant industry; Personal background; Restaurants in New York City owned by Meyer's company.
- 24: Elevate quick service to 'fine fast' GISE, MOLLY // Nation's Restaurant News;1/26/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p46
The article presents tips on how restaurant operators in the U.S. can refine quick service (QSR). The article cites the success of fining-dining operator Union Square Hospitality Group's QSR concept Shake Shack in New York City. The outdoor burger concept was developed as part of the...
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN. Sims, Fiona // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/29/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4529, p20
The article offers views of Danny Meyer, owner of Union Square Hospitality Group LLC, on his restaurant business and future business plans. It reports the success of Meyer's restaurants across the U.S., and mentions the new breed of American eatery introduced by him in the U.S. hospitality...
- USGH to open new cafe at the Whitney. // Foodservice East;Spring2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p19
The article announces that a new cafe will be opened by Union Square Hospitality Group LLC (USGH) at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York.
- Operators eye turnover reduction via morale-boosting competitions. Kramer, Louise // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p4
The article focuses on growing trend in the U.S. restaurant industry to cultivate workers' creativity to reduce turnover. It describes the benefits of Starbucks' New York region cooking contest. The annual Barista Olympics of New York operator Union Square Hospitality Group and the pizza-making...