Aladdin adds NJ schools firm
- Space Efficiency. // FoodService Director;7/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses how to improve space efficiency in food service establishments. Aladdin Food Management at 1,600-student Charlotte Country Day School in North Carolina removed unused vending machines. The machines were seldom used as students bought less items therefrom in favor of...
- PLUS SHIFT TO PREPARED FOODS: Branding, a la carte sales help Tenn. district build revenue. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the changes in foodservice management in Nashville-Davidson County Metropolitan Public Schools in Tennessee. Factors considered in implementing the changes; Menu options at the high school levels; Way of offsetting labor shortages in the district.
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...
- Breakfast Sales Triple: Oklahoma school district targets meals-to-go. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p48
Reports that Broken Arrow Public Schools in Oklahoma is devising ways to help food service keep pace with fast-moving students. Details on the breakfast-on-the-go concept at Childers Middle School and BA Senior High School; Explanations from food service director Marti Renz; Food options offered...
- Daily participation rate jumps by 30%. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Looks at the report of Fargo Public School District in North Dakota, about the increase in its school meal participation rate. Advantages of the Team Nutrition groups; Comments from the food service director of the district; Role of the Nutrition Committee.
- Partnership Places New Items on School Lunch Menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that a new partnership between the Art Institute of Washington and Falls Church City Public Schools In Falls Church, Virginia, has allowed students from both institutions to place new items on the menu. Once every quarter, the students at George Mason High School will sample...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p25
Reports developments in the food service management industry in the U.S. Acquisition of Dowling Food Service Management company by Aladdin Food Management Services Inc.; Increase in Aramark Corp.'s record sales for the first quarter of 2005; Appointment of Rafi Taherian as executive director of...
- Giovas wins top FAME award. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the 2005 Golden Star Foodservice Director Award won by Demetrious Giovas, food services director at Gadsden Independent Schools. Operations and services that Giovas implemented; Approach used by Giovas to attract students.
- Tear Down This Wall... BUZALKA, MICHAEL // Food Management;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p28
The article focuses on the important role played by director of food service Michael Rosenberger of the Irving Independent School District (ISD) in Texas, behind the unique meal service in the school. Overview of Rosenberger's effort of leading a comprehensive renovation program at Irving ISD,...