- AND POS SPEEDS THROUGHPUT: Mall influence helps revamp California school foodcourt. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
Provides information on the conversion of the Mayfair High School cafeteria's scramble system into a foodcourt in Lakewood, California. Effect of the change on the demand for the cafeteria; Menu offered by the facility; Advantages of the installation of point-of-sale terminals in each kiosk.
- NEW SYSTEM OFFERS CARDS, PINS: BURBANK LUNCH LINES SHRINK. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the implementation of an Accu-Scan point-of-sale system at Burbank Unified School District's cafeteria in California. Disadvantages of using the previous system.
- L.A. SCHOOL REACTS TO SODA BAN. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the effort of James Monroe High School in West Hills, California to revamp the food choices available to students on its campus in line with the banning of soda within the district as of December 15, 2002. Funding received by the school for the initiative; Collaboration of the school...
- Online Tool Helps Schools Keep Snacks on Track. // Curriculum Review;May2014, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p4
The article provides information on the Smart Snacks Product Calculator, an online resource developed by the foundation Alliance for a Healthier Generation which helps school officials determine if school snack offerings meet requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Details are...
- Snack attack. // Food Management;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p52
Examines the snacks served by food service operators to school in the U.S. Prevalence of school children opting for salty snacks; Popularity of chocolate chip cookies; Comparative marketability of ice cream and yogurt.
- TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION: Middle school adds courtyard. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the opening of a courtyard food service and serving lines at Carmer Valley Middle School in Del Mar, California. Features of the Bobcat Grr...ill cafeteria; Entrees offered; Price range of entrees.
- Relay For Life. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/11/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p4C
The article announces the public invitation to participate in decorating the luminarias of Barton Middle School cafeteria in Hays County, Texas on May 11, 2011
- POS empowers NJ kids, parents. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16
The article considers the conversion of Cherry Hill School District in New Jersey to a computerized point-of-sale system as of February 2006. More students who qualify for free or reduced-priced meals in the school district are participating in lunch, while parents are enjoying more control...
- ARAMARK TAKES OVER UNIV. CITY: St. Louis district seeks fdsvc. upgrade with contractor. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p42
Highlights the activities of the School District of University City in Saint Louis, Missouri with regard to its food service. Selection of Aramak to run the district's food service operation; Adoption of an electronic point-of-sale system by the school district; Upgrades made to food...