NEUROGENIC MYOCARDIAL NECROSIS
- vagotropism. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2432
A reference entry for the term "vagotropism" is presented, which means affinity for the vagus nerve.
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Generalized Epilepsy?...Show Me the Evidence! Kanner, Andres M. // Epilepsy Currents;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p35
Kostov H, Larsson PG, RÃ¸ste GK. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 2007;187:55â€“58. BACKGROUND: The value of vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for treating patients with drug-resistant idiopathic generalized epilepsy (IGE) is not well documented. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Twelve patients (2 males, 10...
- EstimulaciÃ³n elÃ©ctrica vagal en el tratamiento de la epilepsia rebelde. SituaciÃ³n actual. García-March, G.; Sánchez-Ledesma, M.J.; Broseta, J. // Revista Neurocirugia;2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p416
The vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) therapy is a new neurostimulation technique used for treating pharmacoresistant epilepsy. It can be considered an effective and safe alternative for the treatment of refractory epilepsy patients. In the present review, we describe the surgical implantation...
- vagotomy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p781
An encyclopedia entry for "vagotomy" is presented. Vagotomy is an operation in which the vagus nerve is cut. The vagus nerve controls production of acid by the stomach wall. The operation was initially widely used to treat some cases of peptic ulcer but has already been replaced largely by drug...
- vagal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2287
A definition of the term "vagal" is presented. It refers to the vagus nerve.
- vagal maneuver. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2288
A definition of the term "vagal maneuver" is presented. It refers to any physical action that increases parasympathetic tone and decreases the conduction of the electrical impulses of the heart. Vagal maneuvers may be used as first-line interventions in the evaluation or management of...
- vagi. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2288
A definition of the term "vagi" is presented. It refers to the plural of vagus.
- vagotropic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2291
A definition of the term "vagotropic" is presented. It refers to anything acting on the vagus nerve.
- Neurally-Mediated Syncope Induced by Lung Cancer. Koga, Tokushi; Kaseda, Shigeru; Miyazaki, Naoki; Kawazoe, Nobuyuki; Abe, Esao; Sadoshima, Seizo; Onoyama, Kaoru // Angiology;Mar2000, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p263
The authors present hemodynamic and autonomic features of recurrent and episodic neurally-mediated syncope in a man with lung cancer involving afferent vagus. He revealed extreme hypotension with bradycardia occurring during sitting or standing. A head-up tilt test also induced syncope. However,...