HOMOLOGOUS AORTIC-VALVE-SEGMENT TRANSPLANTS AS SURGICAL TREATMENT FOR AORTIC AND MITRAL INSUFFICIENCY
- Fetomaternal outcome of pregnancy with Mitral stenosis. Ahmed, Nazia; Kausar, Hafeeza; Ali, Lubna; Rakhshinda // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;May/Jun2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p643
Objective: To evaluate the frequency of fetomaternal outcome of pregnancy with Mitral stenosis admitted in Civil Hospital Karachi. Methods: It was a two years descriptive study done in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Civil Hospital Karachi. All pregnant women with a known or newly...
- Quantification of stenotic mitral valve area and diagnostic accuracy of mitral stenosis by dual-source computed tomography in patients with atrial fibrillation: comparison with cardiovascular magnetic resonance and transthoracic echocardiography. Kim, Song; Ko, Sung; Song, Meong; Chee, Hyun; Kim, Jun; Hwang, Hweung; Lee, Jae-Hwan // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Jun2015 Supplement, Vol. 31, p103
This study aimed to evaluate the utility of dual-source computed tomography (DSCT) for quantification of the mitral valve area (MVA) in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) and mitral stenosis (MS) and to compare the results of DSCT with those of cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) and...
- The evaluation of mitral valve stenosis: comparison of transthoracic echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonanceâ€ . Helvacioglu, Funda; Yildirimturk, Ozlem; Duran, Cihan; Yurdakul, Selen; Tayyareci, Yelda; Ulusoy, Onur Levent; Aytekin, Saide // European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging;Feb2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p164
Aims Echocardiographic assessment of patients with mitral valve stenosis (MS) requires a detailed evaluation of mitral valve anatomy, mitral valve area (MVA), and pressure gradient and presence concomitant valve diseases. Our aim was to evaluate planimetric MVA and transmitral flow velocities...
- Thoracoscope-assisted Right Vertical Infra-axillary Mini-incision for Cardiac Surgery. Zhang, Qiong; Zhou, Zheng-Chun; Lin, Min; Wang, Hai-Tao; Zhao, Zhi-Wei; Ge, Jian-Jun // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Jun2015, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p590
Background The thoracoscope and minimally invasive techniques have been effectively used in cardiac surgery. Methods The study included 27 consecutive patients (aged 24.8Â±17.6 years), who underwent cardiac surgery from January 2012 to July 2013. Six patients were diagnosed with mitral valve...
- Left atrial appendix thrombus presenting with acute coronary syndrome in a patient with rheumatic mitral stenosis. Kalaycı, Arzu; Akpınar, Suzan; Güler, Ahmet; Karabay, Can Yücel // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p83
No abstract available.
- Aneurysm: Sinus of valsalva or ventricular septal? Raut, Monish S.; Maheshwari, Arun; Dubey, Sumir // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p427
The article presents a case study of a 37 year old woman who was suffering from shortness of breath was diagnosed with rheumatic mitral stenosis after transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). Topics discussed include presence of sinus of valsalva aneurysm by TEE examination, association of...
- Noninvasive cardiac output monitoring during anaesthetic management for caesarean delivery in parturient with severe mitral stenosis: A more relaxed look. Shelgaonkar, Vaishali Chandrashekhar // Indian Journal of Anaesthesia;Aug2015, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p521
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the use of non-invasive cardiac output monitor (NICOM) in the improvement of quality of perioperative anaesthesia management in the caesarean delivery of a 28-year-old parturient with mitral stenosis.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Cotton, R.E.; Codling, B.W.; Kenyon, W.E.; Slater, David; Peters, Martin; Kurinczuk, Jennifer J.; Burton, Paul; Alloub, M.I.; Barr, B.B.B.; McLaren, K.M.; Smith, I.W.; Bunney, M.H.; Smart, G.E.; Byrne, Micheline; Smith, J. Richard; Munday, Patricia; Taylor-Robinson, David; Cohen, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/4/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6673, p597
Presents several correspondence on medicine. Examination of women complicated with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in renal allografts; Diagnosis and treatment for dementia; Effect of uterine contractions in a pregnant woman with mitral stenosis.
- Intractable Hemoptysis in Mitral Stenosis Treated by Emergency Mitral Commissutotomy. Ramsey, Howard W.; de la Torre, Angel; Bartley, Thomas D.; Linhart, Joseph W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep67 Part 1, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p588
Presents a case study wherein a patient undergone an emergency mitral commissurotomy for intractable pulmonary hemorrhage. Overview of the case report; Causal factors of hemoptysis in patients with mitral stenosis; Source of paroxysmal pulmonary hemorrhage in patients with mitral stenosis.