- A Dog's Best Friend. Shyr, Luna // National Geographic;Feb2012, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p142
A photograph is presented of photographer William Wegman with his pet Weimaraner dogs.
- Pup art. Lyon, Todd // Biography;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the photography of artist William Wegman which features the weimaraners, hunting dogs. How get into an idea of focusing his art on the dogs; His first weimaraner; His contentment in mid-life.
- FAY RAY PAWSES FOR PARENTHOOD. Liu, Nina // American Photo;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that Fay Ray, a Weimaraner who attained pictorial stardom in the photographs of William Wegman, gave birth to eight puppies. Composing of six male and female, the puppies were delivered by Wegman and he captured the newborns on film. Only one female puppy named Bettina was...
- It's a Dog's Life: PHOTOGRAPHS BY WILLIAM WEGMAN FROM THE POLAROID COLLECTION. Johnson, Mark M. // Arts & Activities;Jun2005, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p37
Provides information on several photographs of weimaraners dogs taken by William Wegman. Description of the photographs; Information on the exhibition "It's a Dog's Life: Photographs by William Wegman From the Polaroid Collection"; Participation of the photographer in the Polaroid Artist...
- 3 Questions, 3 Answers. Keese, Susan // Yankee;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p18
Interviews photographer William Wegman. Factors that influence Wegman to start and to continue to take pictures of Weimaraner dogs; Techniques used by Wegman to get the dogs to hold poses; Reaction of people to the involvement of Wegman's dogs in his work.
- The gray ghost weaves its spell. Dearth, Kim D.R. // Dog World;Apr98, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on the gray hunting dog, Weimaraner. History on the origin of the dog; Description of the dog's characteristics; Reference to the Weimaraner Club of America which was formed in 1941.
- Weimaraner. // Dog World;Jul97, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p67
Provides information on weimaraners. General appearance; Size, proportion and substance; Head; Neck, topline and body; Forequarters; Hindquarters; Coat; Color; Gait; Temperament.
- GUN DOG OF THE MONTH. // Field & Stream;Jun2012, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p11
A photograph of a dog of Weimaraner breed, along with a description by its owner, Joe Maris of Kansas, is presented.
- THE MASTERS. // American Photo;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p62
The article features several famous photographers and their achievements in the 1980s. William Wegman's photographs of his Weimaraner made him one of the most visible art photographers of the decade. Annie Leibovitz attained the dominant sense of drama that she injected to her portraits of the...