VALUE OF INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY AS A METHOD FOR CONTROL OF THROMBOLYTIC THERAPY
- Infrared Thermography in Serotonin-Induced Itch Model in Rats. Jasemian, Yousef; Gazerani, Parisa; Dagnaes-Hansen, Frederik // Open Dermatology Journal;2012, Vol. 6, p1
The study validated the application of infrared thermography in a serotonin-induced itch model in rats since the only available method in animal models of itch is the count of scratching bouts. Twenty four adult Sprague-Dawley male rats were used in 3 experiments: 1) local vasomotor response...
- Computer-assisted skin videothermography is a highly sensitive quality tool in the diagnosis and monitoring of complex regional pain syndrome type I. Huygen, Frank J. P. M.; Niehof, Sjoerd; Klein, Jan; Zijlstra, Freek J. // European Journal of Applied Physiology;May2004, Vol. 91 Issue 5/6, p516
The use of thermography in the diagnosis and evaluation of complex regional pain syndrome type 1 (CRPS1) is based on the presence of temperature asymmetries between the involved area of the extremity and the corresponding area of the uninvolved extremity. The interpretation of thermographic...
- Thermography Is Not a Feasible Method for Breast Cancer Screening. Brkljačić, Boris; Miletić, Damir; Sardanelli, Francesco // Collegium Antropologicum;Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p589
Breast cancer is a common malignancy causing high mortality in women especially in developed countries. Due to the contribution of mammographie screening and improvements in therapy, the mortality rate from breast cancer has de-creased considerably. An imaging-based early detection of breast...
- THE THROMBOLYTIC THERAPY OF ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION. Poliwoda, Hubert // Angiology;Aug1966, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p528
Discusses the thrombolytic therapy of acute myocardial infarction. Recanalization of the thrombolitically narrowed or occluded coronary artery; Prevention of thrombosis in a functioning collateral circulation; Maintenance of the microcirculation in the outer zone of the infarction area.
- Mobile telemetry for pre-hospital thrombolysis: problems and solutions. Pedley, David K.; Beedie, Stephen; Ferguson, James // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Aug2005 Supplement 1, Vol. 11, p78
In the Angus region of Scotland, we have used mobile telemetry to facilitate pre-hospital thrombolysis by paramedic staff. An initial survey demonstrated that connection could be achieved in all but three locations. In the first year of operation, 229 contacts were received. Communication...
- Getting a better read on thermometry. Braun, Sharon K.; Preston, Penny; Smith, Rae Nadine; Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Mar98, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p57
Gives information on research being conducted by hospitals on thermometers, which can affect key treatment decisions. Information on technological advances which has led to the development of electronic oral or rectal thermometers; Information on a study of two thermometers; Results of the...
- Breast Cancer Screening Using High-Resolution Digital Thermography. Bennett, Michael // Total Health;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p44
Provides information on the high-quality digital thermography for breast cancer screening in women. Historical perspective of the thermography; How technological innovations in medicine changed the screening practice; Basic requirements and qualifications of women undergoing thermography.
- Infrared thermography: Experience from a decade of pediatric imaging. Saxena, Amulya K.; Willital, Günter H. // European Journal of Pediatrics;Jul2008, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p757
The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of clinical application of infrared thermography (IRT) in the pediatric population and to identify pathological states that can be diagnosed as well as followed up using this non-invasive technique. In real time computer-assisted IRT, 483...
- Thrombolysis. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p908
An encyclopedia entry for "thrombolysis" is presented, which refers to fibrinolysis.