CAROTID ARTERY LIGATION FOR INTRACRANIAL ANEURYSM
- COMMON CAROTID LIGATION FOR INTRACRANIAL ANEURYSM. Raja, Iftikhar A. // Vascular Surgery;Jun1970, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p95
A follow-up study of 144 patients who had common carotid ligation for intracranial aneurysms is reviewed. Common carotid ligation seems to be beneficial only in cases with posterior communicating aneurysms. Cases with bilateral aneurysms should be treated conservatively.
- LONG TERM FOLLOW--UP OF INTRACRANIAL ANEURYSMS TREATED BY CERVICAL CAROTID ARTERY LIGATION. Raskind, Robert; Doria, Alberto // Angiology;Jun1968, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p326
The article presents a long-term follow-up study of intracranial aneurysms treated by cervical carotid artery ligation. The study examined whether carotid ligation offers worthwhile protection against recurrent hemorrhage. A number of researchers have contended that if a common carotid artery is...
- CAROTID LIGATION IN THE TREATMENT OF RUPTURED INTRACRANIAL ANEURYSMS. Van Meegroot, Walter O. // Vascular Surgery;Sep1967, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p184
The results of 100 consecutive carotid ligations in the treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms are presented here. It was found that 11 patients died in the immediate postoperative period and 4 in the late period; 8 patients had neurologic complications following the operation, and of...
- Cerebral Aneurysm Formation in Nitric Oxide Synthase-3 Knockout Mice. Abruzzo, Todd; Kendler, Ady; Apkarian, Robert; Workman, Michael; Khoury, Jane C.; Cloft, Harry J. // Current Neurovascular Research;Jul2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p161
We sought to evaluate the influence of specific vasoactive gene knockouts on the process of intracranial aneurysm formation in mice. Thirty wild type, 7 nitric oxide synthase (NOS)-2 knockout, 6 NOS-3 knockout, and 8 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 knockout female mice underwent left...
- REDUNDANCY OF THE CAROTID ARTERY COMBINED WITH INTRINSIC OCCLUSION. Robicsek, Francis; Daugherty, Harry K. // Vascular Surgery;Jun1970, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p101
We present the syndrome of intrinsic occlusion of the carotid artery combined with elongation and buckling. A method for the correction of this anomaly is described.
- Intracerebral Aneurysms: A Review With Special Attention to Geriatric Aspects. Vogel, Thomas; Verreault, Rene; Turcotte, Jean-Francois; Kiesmann, Michele; Berthel, Marc // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Jun2003, Vol. 58A Issue 6, p520
Examines the geriatric features of ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysm (ICA). Percentage of prevalence of ICA; Potential acquired risk factors of ICA; Diagnosis of unruptured ICA.
- FIA II Seeks Genetic Underpinnings of Familial Intracranial Aneurysm. Buckley, Rita // MD Conference Express;
The article focuses on the studies which found that genetic factors are important in the formation and rupture of intracranial aneurysms. It presents the results of the Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II) that seeks to identify genes that may increase the risk of aneurysm...
- Intracranial aneurysm surgery and its future. Maurice-Williams, R. S.; Lafuente, J. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Nov2003, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p540
The article offers information regarding intracranial aneurysm surgery. It was stated that for twenty years, a major controversy is concerned with the timing of surgery. Techniques used for aneurysm surgery have been standardized. Aneurysm surgery is delicate and is performed under the operating...
- Clip ligation of unruptured intracranial aneurysms: a prospective midterm outcome study. Aydın, Yunus; Çavuşoğlu, Halit; Kahyaoğlu, Okan; Müslüman, Ahmet; Yılmaz, Adem; Türkmenoğlu, Osman; Can, Songül; Yüce, İsmail // Acta Neurochirurgica;Jul2012, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p1135
Background: We conducted a prospective study to investigate the clinical and radiological outcome in a surgical case series of 176 patients with 203 unruptured intracranial aneurysms (UIA). Methods: The success of aneurysm obliteration was assessed within 2 weeks after surgery by digital...