Simon & Schuster, Time Warner Ruling NYT Advice Lists
- @Deadline. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan2001, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p10
Covers issues related to print media as of January 2001. Market growth of narrative nonfiction publishing; Update on companies involved in book trade; Launching of several periodicals. INSETS: It's no accident: Brits love serendipity;Gao wins Nobel Prize;50 years ago.
- Combatting Differential Pricing of Journals. R. M. D. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov85, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p267
Editorial. Comments on the issue regarding differential pricing of periodical subscriptions in 1985. Reason for the differential pricing of journals; Impact of the high prices imposed by a group of publishers on periodical budgets; British publishers which announced a moratorium on increasing...
- Publisher Scorecards Hardcover/Paperback Advice. // Book Publishing Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p6
Presents several books dominating the periodical's hardcover and paperback advice lists in the U.S. "Your Best Life Now," by Joel Osteen; "The 8th Habit," by Stephen Covey; "What to Expect When You're Expecting," by Heidi Murkoff.
- Yesterday and Today. // School Library Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p62
Compares the statistics of book publications and sales in 1954 and 2004 in the U.S. Total number of books published; Total number of children's books published; Total number of books reviewed by "School Librarian Journal."
- Markets Listings. Bakkum, Beth // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2004, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p51
Provides information on several periodicals and publishers in North America. "Ruminator Review"; "California Journal"; "Filipinas"; "Instinct Magazine."
- NEED TO VOICE OUR OPINIONS ON LEGISLATION. Minar, Maxine // Circulation Management;Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p14
Offers solutions to the obstacles faced by the publishing industry. List of legislation that starts to affect the industry; Importance of the American Business Media and Magazines Publishers of America to the industry; Reason for encouraging publishers to voice their opinions and make it all work.
- Note from the Editor. Tsiakkiros, Andreas // Managing Education Matters;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p2
This article provide information regarding the publication of the periodical "Managing Education Matters." The periodical is published under the new Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management Presidency, which is located in Lefkosia, Cyprus. In the article the author said...
- Readers like compact, but luxury labels fret over impact. Shaw, Sharon Desker // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/18/2005, p21
This article asserts that Hong Kong, China's publishing industry has not been immune to the forces behind the drive to go compact sweeping parts of the world. In September, local lifestyle and entertainment number Ming Pao Weekly launched a compact edition, 20 per cent smaller, alongside its...
- A Change in the 'Forecasts.' Rawlinson, Nora // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p9
Reports an addition to the Forecasts section of `Publishers Weekly' magazine that discusses the commercial potential of a book, beyond the quality of the content itself. Adult Forecasts editors; Goal of the staff of Forecasts section.