Little, Brown BFYR Launches Licensing Imprint LB Kids
- John Hutton, Blue Manatee Children's Bookstore and DecafÃ©, Cincinnati. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 28, Special section p2
The article focuses on Blue Manatee Press, a children's book imprint launched by pediatrician and Blue Manatee Children's Bookstore and DecafÃ© owner John Hutton in Cincinnati, Ohio. In May 2011, the imprint released its first three books including "Blanket," "Pets," and "Yard" as part of its...
- Tingley Gets LB Imprint. // Publishers Weekly;12/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 50, p11
States that Megan Tingley, executive editor of Little Brown's children's book department, has been given her own imprint, Megan Tingley Books. Expectations of Tingley on the number of books to be published annually; Book acquisitions of Tingley.
- Eponymous Imprints--They're Not Just For Ego Boosting Anymore. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the use of imprints by publishers to attract the interest of book buyers. Identification of a quality book; Opportunity for the editor to change the nature of their work; Marketing strategy of the publishers.
- How do imprints, subsidiaries and parent houses differ? // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep2001, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the difference between an imprint, a subsidiary and the parent publisher. Definitions; Publishing rules; Recommendations.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 42, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry, on topics including bookstore sales month over month in 2014, the creation of an imprint by author Barbara Freethy, and the launch of Tantrum Books imprint for middle-grade audiences by publisher Month9Books.
- Impressum. // Baumeister;jul2012, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p97
The imprints of the journal are presented, including name of chief editor, publisher, and information on subscription services.
- Publishing's New Breed. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;9/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 14, p44
Focuses on the business of imprints in the publishing industry. Tasks of imprints; Examples of companies that are considered successful in the business; Description of the emerging markets for imprints,
- New York Times: List Changes Impact Results. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2011 Supplement, Vol. 36, p1
The article reports on the impact of the inclusion of three 10-item Graphic Books lists in August 2009 and other list changes on the results of the consolidated lists of "New York Times" (NYT) in the U.S. It discusses the increase in the number of imprints in 2010. It states that the ranking of...
- Small Beer, for Children. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;9/15/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 37, p21
The article focuses on publisher Small Beer Press in Easthampton, Massachusetts. When founders Kelly Link and Gavin Grant first considered publishing children's books, they had a problem: the name of their press sounded like a brewery. The name problem was finally solved by starting a separate...