Harlequin Losses Stabilize In Q4 But Full Year Operating Profits Tumble 22%
- Book publishers improve results. // Baltic Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 829, p8
The article reports on the improved financial results reported by Estonian publishing houses in 2012.
- S&S Has Strong Period, Expects More. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the increase in sales and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of Simon & Schuster Inc. for the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Contribution of operating divisions to the company's profit; Sales forecast for Christmas.
- Editor & Publisher foreign media stock values. // Editor & Publisher;2/10/96, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p12
Presents a chart on the stock performance of foreign media firms in the United States on January 31, 1996 and February 7, 1996. Includes Hollinger Inc.; News Corp.; Pearson Ltd.; Quebecor Inc.; Reuters Holdings; Southam Inc.
- Harlequin Has High Hopes For New Imprints After Disappointing 1st Half. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the financial performance of romantic fiction publisher Harlequin Inc. for the first half of 2004. Operating income; Revenues; Impact of softer market paperback sales and stagnant membership in book clubs in the United States; Launching of Silhouette imprint called Silhouette Bombshell.
- Slow Start at Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/10/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the losses incurred by U.S. publishing company Harlequin for the first quarter ended March 31, 2004. Decline in operating profits; Impact of currency fluctuations on the market performance of Harlequin; Expectations for the remaining quarters.
- When you need money to grow. Hempstead, John E. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p60
Focuses on the borrowing of money for acquisitions in the magazine industry. Description of how the money is acquired; Main problems associated with lending money to the magazine industry; Elements considered to be important in evaluating the quality of a magazine company's cashflow outlook;...
- Profit peaks are here again. Garneau, George // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p14
Features newspaper publishing companies in the United States which had improved financial performance in 1994. Includes American Publishing; A.H. Belo; Capital Cities/ABC; Central Newspapers; Cowles Medica; Dow Jones and Co.; Gannet Co.; Harte-Hanks Communications; Knight-Ridder;Lee...
- Financial news. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;9/9/96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p2
Presents financial news and developments in publishing companies as of September 9, 1996. Includes $37.8 million net loss for Imation for the second quarter of 1996; $13.9 million earnings posted by Electronics for Imaging for the second quarter of 1996.
- Financial news. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;10/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p53
Reports on financial issues in the publishing systems industry as October 13, 1998. Revenues of Autologic Information International for its third quarter ended August 1, 1997; Corel's earnings loss for the third quarter; Tektronix's approval of a 3-for-2 split of its common stock;...