Partial Resection of Atrial Septal Aneurysm with Multiple Fenestrations -- A Case Report
- Incidence and Clinical Significance of Interatrial Shunting in Patients with Atrial Septal Aneurysm Detected by Contrast Transesophageal Echocardiography. Bo-Wen Zhao; Mizushige, Katsufumi; Tang-Chao Xian; Matsuo, Hirohide // Angiology;Sep1999, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p745
The prevalence of atrial septal aneurysm (ASA) in a general referral population of patients was investigated by use of transthoracic (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiographies (TEE). Contrast TEE was performed to detect interatrial shunting in patients with ASA. In this population, the...
- Three dimensional printing of an atrial septal defect: Is it multimodality imaging? Faganello, Giorgio; Campana, Carlo; Belgrano, Manuel; Russo, Giulia; Pozzi, Marco; Cioffi, Giovanni; Lenarda, Andrea; Di Lenarda, Andrea // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Mar2016, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p427
No abstract available.
- A Closed Interatrial Septal Aneurysm Mimicking a Tumor in the Left Atrium. Akdemir, Ramazan; Duran, Sadik; Bulur, Serkan; Kaya, Ahmet; Bahadir Sozen, Serhat; Bilir, Cemil; Arinc, Huseyin; Uyan, Cihangir; Stainback, Raymond F. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p410
The article presents a case of a 56-year-old woman with a congenital atrial septal aneurysm. The patient had hypertension and had been taking amlodipine for 5 years. Her chest radiograph and electrocardiogram results were normal. However, a two-dimensional echocardiography found a rheumatic...
- Percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect and persistent fossa ovalis: Nuances with implications. Okonta, Kelechi E.; Ocheli, Emmanuel O.; Iregbu, Francis U. // Nigerian Medical Journal;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p441
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Atrial septal defects: Pattern, clinical profile, surgical techniques and outcome at Innova heart hospital: A 4-year review," by D. K. Adiele et al, published in a previous issue.
- Anestesia y complicaciones hemodinï¿½micas en el cierre percutï¿½neo de la comunicaciï¿½n interauricular en el Centro Mï¿½dico ISSEMyM. Rodr�guez-Ortega, Neyra G�mez-R�os M. Fernando; Hern�ndez-Mercado, Marco A.; Palma-Mercado, Javier; Arreola-L�pez, Guadalupe; Victoria-Campos, Jos� Le�n; Rojas-P�rez, Eduardo // Revista Mexicana de Anestesiologia;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p174
Objective: To report our anesthetic protocol as well as the complications haemodynamics presented during the positioning of the percutaneous devices for closing of atrial septal defects. Methods: Between January 2008 and December 2010, the revision of 30 clinical records of the patients with...
- The reliability of transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography in predicting the size of atrial septal defect. Dinarević, Senka Mesihović; Begić, Zijo; Halimić, Mirza; Kadić, Almira; Gojak, Refet // Acta Medica Academica;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p145
Objective. To determine the reliability of transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in predicting the size of an atrial septal defect (ASD). Material and methods. The study included 16 patients who underwent the catheter-based procedures to close an atrial...
- Amplatzer device embolization: hazards of multiple attempts at catheter retrieval. Koçyıldırım, Ergin; Kanani, Mazyar; Bonhoeffer, Philipp; Elliott, Martin J. // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p329
The article presents a case study of a 11 year old boy who was suffering from asymptomatic atrial septal defect (ASD) and was admitted to a hospital for interventional catheter device closure of the defect. He was also ailing from secundum atrial septal defect. He was diagnosed with a small...
- Sizing of Atrial Septal Defects. El-Said, Howaida G.; Bezold, Louis I.; Grifka, Ronald G.; Pignatelli, Ricardo H.; McMahon, Colin J.; Schutte, Deborah A.; Smith, E. O'Brian; Mullins, Charles E. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p177
Presents information on a retrospective study to compare methods of measuring atrial septal defects and to identify factors affecting echocardiographic measurement of such defects before transcatheter closure with CardioSEALâ„¢ Septal Occluder. Research methods; Results and discussion;...
- A rare complication during percutaneous transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect: Atrial rim erosion. Memetoğlu, Mehmet Erdem; Güvenç, Osman // Dicle Medical Journal / Dicle Tip Dergisi;2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p228
In this report we persent a rare complication of Amplatzer septal occluder; associated with 'atrial rim' erosion during atrial septal defect closure. In our case report, we also present a brief review of literature of complications associated with transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects.