With Finances Stabilizing, Airport Debt Is on the Rise
- San Jose Scales Back Bonding for Airport to $1 Billion. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p44
Reports on the intent of the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport to issue another one billion-dollar in debt from 2006 to 2010 following a budget reduction. Total bonds issued by San Jose, California for the airport; Reaction of airport tenants to the scaled back plans; Financial...
- Chicago Selling $1B for O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32750, p1
The article reports that Chicago will sell about $960 million of bonds in several series for O'Hare International Airport in Illinois. The bonds will be backed either by the airport's general revenues or passenger facility charges in a deal that would cut Chicago's cost on outstanding airport...
- Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla., Airport Faces Bond Obligation Risk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p3
Reports on a filing by the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport management regarding the Florida airport's ability to meet its bond obligations without a federal grant to help it lure a low-fair airline. Florida countries served by the airport; Debt outstanding of the airport; Total debt...
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Readies $85 Million Airport Deal. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p30
The article reports on the new debt prepared for sale to Palm Beach International Airport in Palm Beach County, Florida. The 85 million dollars new-money and refunding deal is expected to be realized on May 1, 2006. Bids for bond insurance and a debt service reserve surety bond are being...
- FLORIDA: $1.9B of Airport Debt OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32988, p9
The article reports on the $1.9 billion of aviation revenue bonds granted by the Miami-Dade County, Florida for the construction of Miami International Airport's improvement program. It states that the new debt is expected to be sold in various series and each will be approved individually by...
- Miami-Dade Will Price $750M of Airport Refunding Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
Miami-Dade County plans to price $750 million of revenue bonds to refund bonds issued for capital improvements at Miami International Airport.
- O'Hare Foes Applaud Aid. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p37
Reports on the support of the opponents in the plan to expand the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois, on the federal approval to aid several million dollar for the project. Reason behind the support of the opponents to such aid; Argument on the pros and cons of the airport's...
- McCarran fast-tracks $2.4 billion in construction plans. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special Section p8
Reports that Clark County in Nevada has fast-tracked the funding for construction plans at McCarran International Airport. Amount allocated for the plans; Capacity targeted by the airport by year 2011; Features of the construction planned for the airport.
- Indianapolis airport gets grant for security. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p52
Reports on the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's awarding of a grant to the Indianapolis International Airport in Indiana, to enhance security and meet increasing federal mandates.