Tulsa Business Leaders Mobilize For $250 Million GO Election
- Taxman Cometh: Utah Legislature Passes Measure to Tax Out-of-State Munis. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p5
Reports on the Utah Legislature's approval of a measure that would force in-state investors to pay income tax on bonds purchased from out-of-state issuers. Representative Greg Curtis' introduction of the bill in 2001; States that do not levy income taxes on interest earned on out-of-state bonds.
- Taxing Calculations. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p1
Reports on the changes in federal income tax rates under the 2001 tax act in the United States. Complication of the taxable-equivalent yield calculations; Comparisons between the after-tax returns offered by taxable and tax-exempt bonds.
- TAX ISSUES. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, Special section p4
An interview with Ed Oswald, tax partner from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, is presented. When asked about the benefits of tax-exempt bonds, he refers to their lower interest rates and exemption from federal income tax. He suggests the nonprofit bond issuers to be proactive and protect their...
- City approves issuing tax notes. Brown, Hal // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/10/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 50, p1A
The article reports that the Burnet City Council in Texas has approved the issuance of almost $1 million in tax notes, in which council members are making effort to make sure that the notes could be processed by the end of December 2008.
- Gilts and bonds. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p111
Reports on the British government's plan to pursue its reform of the taxation of gilts and bonds. Approval of Chancellor of the Exchequer Kenneth Clarke of an official gilt strip market; Tax payment of private investors, individuals and trusts; Absence of gains or loss on death.
- Enterprise zone facility bonds. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of final regulations relating to the issuance of enterprise zone facility bonds by state and local governments.
- Private activity bond restrictions. // Practical Accountant;Feb95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p20
Reports on proposals concerning private activity bond restrictions applicable to tax-exempt bonds issued by US states and local government.
- Investors to appeals court: Reverse decision on taxability of California county bond issue. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p4
Discloses that a trio of investors is asking the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to reverse its decision that interest on a Riverside County, California Housing Authority bond issue from the mid-1980s is taxable. Details of a brief filed by investors with the court; Importance of...
- California Hospital to Ask IRS to Keep Bonds Tax-Exempt. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p5
Granada Hills Community Hospital in a Los Angeles, California announced its plans to try to work out a voluntary compliance agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service to ensure the tax-exempt status of $16.1 million of bonds. The hospital disclosed that under prior management,...